Search Results Moderating missing Move Topics!

AtariAge

I am busting my ass to get my board moved to 3.1.2 and just finished skinning the two different forum results pages (asForumPosts and asForumTopics). One of the features I was looking forward to in 3.1.2 (versus 3.0.5) is the ability to moderate the search results. The one single reason I wanted this feature was so I could actually move topics based on search results. For instance, on my site I might want to create a new forum for a particular game console, let's say the Intellivision. Once I create the forum, I want to move any Intellivision-related threads into that new forum.

In the past this has always been a tedious process, as you needed to either manually look through a list of topics in a forum and move the relevant threads (and the topic title isn't always a perfect indicator), or look through search results and click on each thread one at a time to move it. With 3.1.2, I was hoping that I'd be able to search for "Intellivision", quickly click on a full page of results and then "Move" all those topics into the new forum.

Imagine my horror when I saw this:

post-116410-037241200 1287009861_thumb.p

No "Move Topics" option! I was actually planning on reorganizing some of my forums after the 3.1.2 upgrade, believing I'd have this tool to greatly speed up the process, but that plan just hit a brick wall Invision, can you please add this feature to either 3.1.3 or 3.2? I'd hugely appreciate it, and I'm sure other forum admins can benefit from this addition as well.

Thanks!

..Al

The primary problem with moving topics is verifying source and destination permissions. It may be something that can be added, but it's difficult when each source topic can be in a different forum.

I don't care if it's slow by having to check the permissions individually as it moves each topic, it's not something that happens that frequently and only a limited number of people would have access to this feature. I'd also be perfectly happy making this available only for Admins, where presumably the permissions would not need to be checked.

..Al

• 5 months later...

Archived