Spam Monitoring Service

Fishfish0001

Hey.

I noticed today that people whose License's have expired can't use the spam monitoring service. I can understand your position, but it seems kind of, for lack of a better word, stupid.

I think it would be much more beneficial for the community as a whole if you would allow this service to work for Expired License customers. I get tons of Spammers each day, and nothing is stopping them, as the monitoring service is deactivated. I can understand $25 isn't much, but for some of us it is, and I just can't afford to renew until it is absolutely necessary. I end up getting stuck having to manually deal with the accounts, and manually report them to different services since the IPS one obviously isn't going to be helped if it is deactivated.

Thank you.

This gets a no vote from me. IPS are in business and the Spam monitoring service is a service I am happy to pay for and it's well worth the very low price. Now that it's been going for a while it now picks up almost all known spammers who attempt to sign up at my forums.

If you haven't got a donate button you should get one. I do this and these pay the bills.

3DKiwi

Even knowing I've allowed my Board license(s) to lapse for now, I wouldn't expect this service for free.. This is part of the Support aspect of the license renewal since there are internal costs for IPS to keep this service alive and the amount of load/demand it places on them is high enough to warrant a cost to be passed onto the consumer.

If you want to do this with out paying for it, Stopforumspam.org (or is it .com?) offers an API you can utilize to create your own version of the service.. I'm sure with some work you could even mush it into the current API IP Board has built into it

Archived