Suggestion: For Banned Members

Fishfish0001

Yes. Not to mention the Admin can override any Grou settings. They just check the box to send to everyone. Kinda defeats the purpose :\

That box to 'send to everyone' still honors the option to not receive emails, although you already know that.

It's stupid on the admins behalf to send to EVERYONE, because what good is it doing to send it to banned members? You should contact him, tell him you want the option set to not send you any more emails and if he doesn't fix it, then contact his host and explain it to them.

That box to 'send to everyone' still honors the option to not receive emails, although you already know that.

It's stupid on the admins behalf to send to EVERYONE, because what good is it doing to send it to banned members? You should contact him, tell him you want the option set to not send you any more emails and if he doesn't fix it, then contact his host and explain it to them.

%7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' > *cough cough* -IPS Customer Lounge Drama- %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Im still confused as to how I got the emails. Im assuming I was still a "member" then I was IP Banned, which stopped me from being able to change it. I still think a system should be put in place to chech for any Bans (maybe just perm)

[img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img] *cough cough* -IPS Customer Lounge Drama- [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

Im still confused as to how I got the emails. Im assuming I was still a "member" then I was IP Banned, which stopped me from being able to change it. I still think a system should be put in place to chech for any Bans (maybe just perm)

I think for the bulk mails, there should be an option to send to banned members (which would send ONLY to banned members) or other members. Basically, if you send to a certain marked group (banned, spammers, whatever), then you can't send to anyone else. That way it prevents accidental sending to wrong groups and also helps cut down on abuse by admins who want to send to everyone.

Iftheu are banned why are younailing them though?

An admin may wish to offer those who are banned an opportunity to appeal their banishment. Could be a new owner of the site or perhaps the owner has returned and found that there are a number of people who have been banned and after realizing that the admin who did it may have abused their power, want to give those people a free pass, etc. I just believe that if a mass mail is going to go to those who are banned, then it should be forced to be done on purpose (with effort) and can't be done to banned/non-banned at the same time, to discourage abuse of the mass mail system.

Archived