License Transfers

TestingSomething

Oh, please. You gave them a credit card number, didn't you? Do you have a Google account, because they require a verification question for password recovery, as do almost all email accounts.......

I remember a thread a while back about multiple attachments uploads. We were given many, many reasons why this would be difficult, if not impossible to implement. It is now a feature.
It is our job as customers in good standing to make our needs known, it's not really our place to figure out how to do it. ;)

Oh, please. You gave them a credit card number, didn't you? Do you have a Google account, because they require a verification question for password recovery, as do almost all email accounts.......

No, I diddnt. Paypal. Only my email address. :thumbsup:
None of those questions are personal, either. And I trust google, or my bank, with a security question. I dont trust google with my SSN or mother's maiden name, though! (Or anything else, for that matter!)

I remember a thread a while back about multiple attachments uploads. We were given many, many reasons why this would be difficult, if not impossible to implement. It is now a feature.

That was a technological issue. Technology has made amazing leaps and bounds in the last few years. This is a matter of people ripping off IPS and others.

It is our job as customers in good standing to make our needs known, it's not really our place to figure out how to do it. ;)

That has to be one of the least co-operative and rude things I have heard all day. If you want it, suggest how you want it done. From a business standpoint, it is not economically reasonable. If you want it, give them an idea. Otherwise, the current system sticks: It wont happen.

Dude, have you ever run a business, cause I got 22 years under my belt. Sorry if this request rubs you the wrong way. It's the way business is done. I don't expect my customers to posses the expertise to do my job, if they did they wouldn't need me.

It is being done by other companies. It is a valid request.

Dude, have you ever run a business, cause I got 22 years under my belt. Sorry if this request rubs you the wrong way. It's the way business is done. I don't expect my customers to posses the expertise to do my job, if they did they wouldn't need me.

It is being done by other companies. It is a valid request.

IPS doesnt need to transfer licenses. They can write into their terms "You cannot transfer/reseller" bla bla bla. Thats that. IPS isnt the one who is going to do anything, either. its you who need/want this. Take a moment to read around on these forums, the way it has always been here is that IPS gets feedback on how users want it done. They keep people happy that way. Putting users first. I dont care about you running a business for 22 years. IPS does things their way, and it works great. IPS is not another company. This is IPS. They have said it is not feesable right now. If you can demonstrate a good idea that might work, they can try it out. Otherwise, things wont change.

You want to transfer a license? Change your password, tell someone the email and password. They log in and change the account details. Boom. License Transferred. I dont see the problem with that. Tada!

What is your problem?

I have owned an IPB license for 6 years. I know very well how this works. You are setting yourself up as an ad hoc spokesman for the company and you have no more say than me or anyone else. You are on record as being against this suggestion. Good for you.

What is your problem?

Because I personally was exploited back when they did allow transfers and was ripped off.
This isnt about "Ive run a company for 22 years" or "Ive owned IPB for 6 years" - none of that really matters. What matters is that users were ripped off, IPS lost money, and nobody was happy.

You are on record as being against this suggestion. Good for you.

I was un aware that feedback could only be positive things and that we could not discuss this system.
Im just stating that the system that they had previously was broken. Customers got scammed. IPS lost money. It did not work. And that wont magically change overnight. They asked for suggestions on how to make it work so everyone is happy, and instead you just said they need to figure it out on their own. A little hint: If everyone stops selling old licenses, IPS will make more money. It isnt exactly something in their favor.

You are on record as being against this suggestion. Good for you.

Ok, I just want to make this very very clear then.
I AM AGAINST IPS HAVING A LICENSE TRANSFER SYSTEM!

I don't understand why you feel it is necessary to dissect my posts bit by bit and call me rude, but you are not, by any means, being constructive...........

I'm trying to make a valid point that I disagree with the idea of license transfers. That is all. :)
IPS asked for suggestions, and have said that we need to figure out a way to make customers happy by preventing people from getting ripped off. I've provided my constructive feedback, and several users have posted alternate methods IPS could try out.

Also, I feel like I have been equally, if not more constructive in my feedback than you have been:

• Management

This is heading in a downward spiral very quickly. :)

I think most know that we appreciate and take as much as customer feedback on board as possible -- many (if not most) of the changes you see within the software and the company are customer feedback driven. There are some things, however, we just aren't willing to consider and license transfers are most definitely one of the select few.

1. As noted, almost all end in some type of fraudulent nightmare and/or a headache for the administrative staff.
2. The majority don't renew or purchase additional products/services. To be honest, there's little incentive to dealing with chargebacks, threats of legal action, the same license being sold multiple times, etc.
3. We do not allow them currently, however, we get at LEAST a dozen inquiries per week that require several hours of administrative overhead "dealing" with "XYZ sold me a license and defrauded me."

We recognize that some companies allow this type of thing. On the other hand, many don't. Believe me when I say we've looked at every single angle and we've concluded it's not worthwhile to allow them again. Sorry for any inconvenience this poses.

I'm going to close this as the topic has degenerated into a flame-fest and not much is going to come from this dead horse. Again, we do try to make as many customer requested changes as possible, but ... I'm afraid this one is closed for discussion. :)

Thanks for understanding.

Archived