Download: SubRanks Mod

EDPEER

File Name: SubRanks Mod
File Submitter: EDPEER
File Submitted: 16 Jun 2010
File Updated: 22 Jun 2010
File Category: Modifications

The following creates the effect shown on the screenshot. It basically displays a subrank image assigned by an admin to certain types of special users.

Enjoy hope you like it. If you have any doubts don't hesitate to ask. Note that this mod can be used with any 3...version

Inspiration from [K-F] Countries Mod v3.0.

Where to go:

To access this mod change, you need to be admin as it is setup like that. If you changed anything then it might not be the case.

One of the screenshots below illustrates where to find the change. Basically, you will need to go to edit profile in the users profile.

Made some changes to the installation guide. Wednesday 16th June,2010

A big thank you to all of you helping in with this mod and providing feedback. I must thank Volstate for the idea on removing the rank once added by the admin.

Updates:

• Ability to remove ranks once given by the admin.
  • Extra images

Gonna redo the video demo. Sorry

Demo is now functioning

Click here to download this file

you forgot to put your images in the download.. fix it, and can you explain how it will choose every image for a certain group?

The file has been updated, you can download it again.

The image is chosen on the image file is named. For example in the "Option Content (for drop downs) "

Owner=Owner

would mean that the Dropdown list would have the name Owner and then the {key}.png is the one that picks up the name in correspondence with the image file name. In this case, Owner.png.

interesting :)

Now if there was a way for members to chose their own badge there - that would be excellent.....

Or perhaps the country mod would be better to convert?

Well to be honest, you can configure it to your desire. The users can have access to it. You only need to play around with the settings. That is:

9. Include on registration page? : No
10. Field MUST be completed and not left empty? :No
9. Field can be edited by the member? : No
10. Make this a private profile field? : No
11. Make Admin and Super Moderator Editable/Viewable Only? : No

I guess that should do the trick. Plus the idea is extensible. Currently am working on the Zodiac set. May by tonight, or latest tomorrow, it should be ready.

Or perhaps the country mod would be better to convert?

Don't know what you are trying to say? :whistle:

You mean you want me to add the flags too....

If you have any questions, just pm or reply....

I downloaded this and am not able to figure it out and what the heck I am supposed to do with it...?

Be specific. What don't you understand?

The instructions are clear, i suppose... :unsure:

But anyways...
  1. [*]Ensure you create the necessary subfolder in your host service and upload the images I provided or yours if you wish. [*]Then create the profile group as shown in the installation guide (not really necessary but i chose so) [*]Next create the custom profile field as indicated filing out the info as given [*]Finish editing [*]Go to the users profile, of course you need to be admin to edit a users profile cause thats how this is setup [*]Finally choose the right subrank and voila..once the user makes a post he or she should see the subrank you gave her. [*]Remember the configuration is set so that only admins can change this

I downloaded this and am not able to figure it out and what the heck I am supposed to do with it...?

This basically allows you to assign an extra title to individual member if you wish. For example, if you have an arcade you could make a badge or something for the person who finishes first in your league or something. The sky is the limit. You can make badges or assign images. This is basically more of a tutorial than anything with some badges included. You follow the instructions and you should be good to go...

This basically allows you to assign an extra title to individual member if you wish. For example, if you have an arcade you could make a badge or something for the person who finishes first in your league or something. The sky is the limit. You can make badges or assign images. This is basically more of a tutorial than anything with some badges included. You follow the instructions and you should be good to go...

Thanks for the explanation Volstate :D . Ya we can say its like a tutorial...pretty simple. Did you figure out the one for the flags? I made some remarks on the post [K-F] Countries Mod v3.0..

Thanks for the explanation Volstate :D . Ya we can say its like a tutorial...pretty simple. Did you figure out the one for the flags? I made some remarks on the post [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/310076-download-k-f-countries-mod-v30/"][K-F] Countries Mod v3.0.[/url].

No problem :) This mod will be useful to me particularly for people who donate to my board I will implement this along with my awards mod. I'll also use it for the arcade as I suggested above. Very useful. Thank you...

No problem :) This mod will be useful to me particularly for people who donate to my board I will implement this along with my awards mod. I'll also use it for the arcade as I suggested above. Very useful. Thank you...

No problem...may a little click on the reps :lol: ....

I do have one question though. Once you assign a subrank and you need to take it away how do you do it? With the setup that it is now once you assign a subrank there is no way to remove it.

Hmmmmmmmm..good point of view...will look into ok...if you have an idea on how to do it...give me pm... :D ok..but will look into it ok...

In case you missed it...here is what needs to be done..

That's what I was about to write to you. The only difference was that I was going to say "Member=Member"

Will update the upload and the installation guide to explain this matter...Thanks for the feedback..appreciate it..

thanks...I will TRY to do this, but I have issues when I try to do this kind of stuff...wish me luck and thanks again for the help

I can try to make a video tut on this if you want. I have no probs on making it...Best of luck..if you have any probs just pm me ok... :thumbsup:

Archived