Customization Removals

TestingSomething

I don't think customizations should be removed even from the default skin when upgrading or at least it should be made more clear that the template merger is not useful on the dfefault skin. i did only minor changes on the default skin rather than make a new one and it automatically removed the changes and was a tad confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

But if a template requires big changes then there is little choice but to revert it, so that new features work for you.

You can always export your skin prior to upgrading, then if it get's reverted go through your changed templates putting your revisions back.

We do not remove skin customizations during the upgrade. :blink: I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly.

When you upgrade, the master templates in the database are updated. If you are editing those master templates (which you shouldn't be) then they could get overwritten, but if you edit skins normally via the ACP without using IN_DEV, your skins don't get reverted during the upgrade routine. In fact, if they were, a template merge center (which we just recently added) would be an entirely useless tool, don't you think?

For me default skin. That's what i was talking about is going to 3.1.0 the default skin was reverted and when upgraded I assumed it would do like always and leave in customizations even in the default. I didn't change the default into a whole new skin, but had modifications in it which needed skin edits until I figure out the hooks system better.

Archived