IP.Subscription request

wolfyman

It appears that I cannot add multiple products in IP.Subscriptions, someone tell me if I am wrong.

Example:

I have forum1 that talks about widgets. I charge $5 per month to access this forum - this is Package A.
I have forum2 that talks about wangles. I charge $10 per month to access this forum - this is Package B.

Each Package is set to upgrade to a different usergroup, because each usergroup has different privileges.

One of two things happens right now.

1. I set the packages to "Can Upgrade". IP.Subscriptions sees that Customer purchased Package A, which was $5. It considers Package B an "Upgrade" and charges the customer $5 for it.

WRONG! For Package A and Package B it should be $15 total, because they are different packages with completely different privileges!

2. I set the packages to "Can NOT Upgrade". IP.Subscriptions sees that Customer purchased Package A, and then HIDES Package B from the customer. NO "UPGRADES"!

Assuming I'm not missing something elementary in IP.Subscriptions that allows me to sell multiple packages and also not allow upgrades, the solution is simple:

Define PACKAGES and UPGRADES separate from each other. UPGRADES should add privileges, EXTENSIONS should add time.

Package A is $5 and has features 1,2,3.
Package B is $10 and has features 1,2,3,4,5.

Some people may want to "UPGRADE" after purchasing Package A. Fine!

Package C has features 4,5 but you must have Package A to purchase Package C. Package C can be pro-rated to end on the same date that Package A does.

If you want to EXTEND the length of your PACKAGE, the price should be tacked on to the end of the current subscription.

I've never used 'upgrades' though the things you mentioned would seem complex to implement, at least the way I see it. One workaround I see is creating Option C that has both A and B for $20 so when it's upgraded, the user is charged $15. Of course then you run into problems if the user has B then wants C, it would require Option D.

Perhaps a more convenient option would be multiple subscriptions?

A new update on IP.Subscriptions will be released after 3.1 is released. I don't know when, how fast, or the details, but it should be within good proximity. (I think one of the features might be multiple subscriptions - don't quote me on that -)

A new update on IP.Subscriptions will be released after 3.1 is released. I don't know when, how fast, or the details, but it should be within good proximity. (I think one of the features might be multiple subscriptions - don't quote me on that -)

Multiple subscriptions is not planned for IP.Subscriptions 1.1, however, it is in our minds.

This has been requested, but for some reason not implemented - which is a big shame.

Sadly subscriptions is not up to the quality of the other products - heck I would gladly pay for it to do it's job better.

This has been requested, but for some reason not implemented - which is a big shame.

Sadly subscriptions is not up to the quality of the other products - heck I would gladly pay for it to do it's job better.

That makes two of us. I'm throwing $200 in the pot, and I'm dead serious. Any takers?

IP.Subscriptions is one of IP.Board's strong suits, considering it's the only mechanism where revenue can be generated. Perhaps multiple subscriptions can be introduced in IPB 3.2. What would be even better is if they could convert IP.Subscriptions to IP.Commerce, making it a subscription manager (with multiple subscriptions) along with a fully featured shopping cart (tangible item shipping + product-download capabilities, e.g., mp3, pdf, etc) -perhaps a plugin could be implemented to have IP.Commerce work with IP.Downloads too -just putting it out there-

I would pay $50 for IP.Commerce so I can use it with IP.Content and IP.Board, having my own complete site. Many site owners really want an article system, forum, and method of revenue all in one. I think IPB will be ever more competitive if it introduced IP.Commerce.

Instead of Joomla and Wordpress users, people would go to IPS.

Instead third party shopping cart systems, people would go to IPS.

Archived