[Suggestion] Twitter Integration

glorify

It's not currently feature, at the moment you only have the option to send your status updates to Twitter.

Right, that's why the suggestion. Board owners who use Twitter to promote their site like myself like this. I am not a fan of using something 3rd party to do this, rather have it built in. It's much easier than manually tweeting to the admins Twitter account. You have done a great job with integration, why not consider this as well? :)

3.1 is really sweet as far as Twitter integration. One thing I am using now is a hack that automatically Tweets new topics from selected forums. Will this be a feature since you have gone this far with integration?

you could always use twitterfeed in conjunction with an rss feed for a forum.

you could always use twitterfeed in conjunction with an rss feed for a forum.

I used that before the mod I currently use was created. One of the nice things it does is post 'via Glorifythepast.com' instead of 'via Twitterfeed' as the tweet origination and everything is configurable thru the admincp.

Here's a screen of something that was Tweeted automatically:
post-154666-044861300 1269460250_thumb.p

Like I said, just throwing it out there. IPB is going further than anyone integrating Twitter into the software and this is a feature I currently use that drives traffic, looks great, and is customisable all from my admincp.

Right, that's why the suggestion. Board owners who use Twitter to promote their site like myself like this. I am not a fan of using something 3rd party to do this, rather have it built in. It's much easier than manually tweeting to the admins Twitter account. You have done a great job with integration, why not consider this as well? :)

I wasn't saying that we wouldn't consider it in the future, only that it's not a feature in 3.1.

Archived