[Feature] Send email to admins only if user has valitaded email adr.

Owdy

Currently IPB sends email to admin if new users registers. However, i have set that first user has to validate his email adress, then admin aproval. Suggestion, dont send that email before user has valitaded his email adr. Before they do, i dont need to know if theres new registers, i only need that info after they have done their part.

+1 from me. The email says someone has registered and I'd like to know that they've already validated their email before getting notified. Particularly important if the board is email/admin validation because then the admin has to keep checking to see if the member has validated their email already.

I use a hook from Michael which changes colours once a pending validated application is available. Works perfectly.

You still have to keep an eye on that status though. Are you referring to the one that appears in white (none) or red (pending)? If so, from my experience, that only lets you know if someone is waiting to be validated, regardless of if they have validated their email or not.

What the OP is suggesting would only notify you once the email has been validated, so you wouldn't have to go check only to see they haven't email validated yet.

You are not exactly correct about how the hook works. Assuming one is using email validation followed by admin, the hook shows in white unless there is at least one applicant who has completed the validation portion and hence now needs the admin to validate.

What the OP has requested has been asked a few times in the past and has yet to be implemented.

The point being that an admin does not need to login to the ACP in order to ascertain if there is action required with the validation queue through the use of the hook.

What the OP is suggesting would only notify you once the email has been validated, so you wouldn't have to go check only to see they haven't email validated yet.

Exactly! :)

I use a hook from Michael which changes colours once a pending validated application is available. Works perfectly.

What hook is that? I'd like to test it.

You are not exactly correct about how the hook works. Assuming one is using email validation followed by admin, the hook shows in white unless there is at least one applicant who has completed the validation portion and hence now needs the admin to validate.

I've done the email/admin validation thing before. After upgrading to v3.0 I switched it back to email validation, so from that perspective it shows someone pending validation if they haven't validated their email. I know, sounds redundant to have email only validation but then have this hook installed, but it gets your attention so you can check to see what's going on and decide what action to take.

Still, to get an email about a new user registration after email validation would be nice, so if you do admin validations, you can go look at the pendings instead of checking over and over again. If only email validation, then you know there's a new registered member and you can check their activity.

I have the hook there as a reminder (for when I do switch it to email/admin validations) as well as getting my attention if someone hasn't validated an email yet. In the email, it says that the member has completed registration. If email validation is on, then to me, validating their email address is part of the registration process, so they haven't completed it yet. I know that's splitting hairs (or hares if the admin is a rabbit lover) but it would still be nice to know when someone has completed -vs- only filled out the form but may not have validated their email address.

• 1 month later...

Archived