Issues seeing some forums

CoffinDancer

• Management

Thanks Charles,

It looks like I just dont have rights. My manager was the one who paid for the Lic but I am the admin. Does that matter?

Thanks

Allen

Make sure your manager adds you as an "alternate contact" on his account in the client area. It will then give you access :)

Make sure your manager adds you as an "alternate contact" on his account in the client area. It will then give you access :)

where should I be posting questions about creating reports? My managers now want me to run reports on the number of posts/new users etc. thanks again Charles.

Allen

Your 'manager' needs to go into the IPS Client Area and then add you as an alternate contact, using the same email address that you are using with your account on this board. Next he will need to add you to the product(s) you need to be associated with (IP.Board, IP.Content, etc). Finally, after all that, you need to sign out then sign back in and you will get access to the selected areas.

I just talked with my manager, he is the one who purchased IPB, and he checked and said i have been an alt contact for a long time. I do downloads of updates, request updates be performed, create tickets etc but for some reason i cant get to those two forums. whats funny is all i am trying to find out is how to generate reports. Our Senior Management has just told us that they dont care what we use as long as we can generate reports from it. can you point me to the correct forum to post my request or should i open a ticket for something like this? thanks

CD

Are you using the same email address to log-in to this board? If not, you should submit a ticket to make both emails match up. As an alternate contact, your manager has to make sure you have the different products associated with you specifically. It sounds like that's already been covered, but he should double check. Then make sure you're logging in with the same email address (ie, CoffinDancer's email is the same email being used as an alternate contact) and try logging out and then signing back in.

Hello,

I am having issues seeing the IP Content forums and the IPS Customer Lounge. In the Lounge I cant see anything. In Content I can see posts but can open any. Why is this happening? I have a paid Lic. Thanks.

CD

Alternate contacts do not have access to the customer lounge. This shouldn't matter, though, as it's not really the best place to ask support-based questions.

To access the IP.Content forums (I'm assuming your company has an IP.Content license), your manager needs to edit your alternate contact setup and give you access to the IP.Content license.

However, if you are looking to ask questions about running reports in IPB, your best bet would be to post in the IPB forums anyways: http://community.invisionpower.com/forum/311-ipboard/

Archived