Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but this still did not resolve my issue. Still wont send scores on my forum using firefox :(

This is a long shot, but have you tried checking your Firefox settings and/or plugins, etc? Maybe there's something on your Firefox that's preventing the iArcade from sending the scores?

This isn't really appropriate on this thread but it's related to Firefox and my own arcade which is similar to this one in that up to now it'll only play V2 games. It isn't an integrated app like this one - it's on my website and I've made it work with my IPB memberbase. With Firefox I've noticed that some games are occasionally hanging at the point of saving scores, where they're fine with other browsers. Are you talking about all games or just a few?

Guys, I notice when I uploaded a few games today I got this on the very top after I uploaded in the ACP:

Warning: rename(/home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars/hexxagon1.gif,/home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars/img/hexxagon.gif) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_admin/games/import.php on line 255

This isn't really appropriate on this thread but it's related to Firefox and my own arcade which is similar to this one in that up to now it'll only play V2 games. It isn't an integrated app like this one - it's on my website and I've made it work with my IPB memberbase. With Firefox I've noticed that some games are occasionally hanging at the point of saving scores, where they're fine with other browsers. Are you talking about all games or just a few?

From what ive heard and checked myself, all games on his site do not work in FF.
I have not seen this on *any* other boards.

Guys, I notice when I uploaded a few games today I got this on the very top after I uploaded in the ACP:

Warning: rename(/home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars/hexxagon1.gif,/home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars/img/hexxagon.gif) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/MYPLACE/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_admin/games/import.php on line 255

seems like none of your images are importing correctly. that would explain the images iassue.
(normally when an error like that happens, you also get it for the swf)

From what ive heard and checked myself, all games on his site do not work in FF.

I have not seen this on *any* other boards.

Very odd. Basically it's just $_POST and I don't understand why it would behave different with other browsers. One game in particular caused me grief in saving a score with FF and I think it was because it launched into music at the end of the game and started stuttering on score submission. Most of these games are just hacks to the code and you'll find that some will never be 100% reliable.

Very odd. Basically it's just $_POST and I don't understand why it would behave different with other browsers. One game in particular caused me grief in saving a score with FF and I think it was because it launched into music at the end of the game and started stuttering on score submission. Most of these games are just hacks to the code and you'll find that some will never be 100% reliable.

I think he must have another interference...

I tried disabling all 7 mods I have and It did not help. I do have chat 20 on the forum which had been giving issues with FF since it was installed. IPB can not find the problem. FF will crash upon leaving chat with all FF users. Intermittent but everyday for some.

I really appreciate your help here guys, my luck :rolleyes:

I just tried 4 games in IE and all are fine ecept for the red X for thumbnails. :whistle:

Not at all. Can you get to the edit game screen? Once you get there, there's a "delete game" link at the bottom of the page. It's very unpolished, but does the job. If you suspect you'll ever want to install the game again, then you need to also open the iarcade_tars table in phpMyAdmin (or whatever your DBMS uses) and delete the row matching the tar file for the game.

Archived