reopening closed tickets?

.Ian

Hi,

Very frustrating when tickets are auto-closed not to be able to re-open it.

Seems daft to have to start a new ticket, refer to the existing ticket and repeat oneself. it must also be annoying for the person at IPS to have to look up one or more previous tickets.

Please consider allowing tickets to be re-opened.

However if they are not resolved then we cannot open them.

Annoying see the words resolved when they are not.

If we need to collect further information on a problem, this can sometimes take longer due to weekends etc., waiting on the response of a third party etc. Because I was ill with swine flu my tickets were auto-closed without me having a chance to respond.

Frustrating having to create new tickets for each issue.

• Management

I think it's perfectly reasonable to lock tickets that have had no activity for over 5 days. Honestly no one has ever complained or even really noticed before :) Everyone just starts a new ticket if needed.

It's not like we are denying support to anyone - just trying to keep things tidy. We added it because people would reopen tickets sometimes months old by replying to an old email or something and it would get confusing.

Yes, I remember situations where people would just happen to find the last support notification response email they received and reply to it with a new issue (probably easier than simply creating a new email). The end result is unrelated new issues tacked onto the end of old resolved tickets.

Archived