Download: XML Sitemap Generator Task v1.0.5

stoo2000

just installed now running 3.0.5,got "There appears to be an error with the database. " when i ran the task and it got locked cause of that..so what could be the problem?

Edit:
was using too many forums in the setting,got it working with removing some forums

• 2 months later...

I un installed this:

Sitemap Generator v1.0.3 (5 settings)
You can specify certain settings for your sitemap generator.

But this still shows in forum settings: How can I remove this as when I do I get:

P.Board Message
You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first.

Somone help me out asap please.

[quote name='Gary.' date='13 February 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1266059502' post='1912824']
I un installed this:

Sitemap Generator v1.0.3 (5 settings)

But this still shows in forum settings: How can I remove this as when I do I get:

P.Board Message
You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first.

Somone help me out asap please.

Hi Gary,

You'll have to do that via PHPmyAdmin or similar.

The following queries should remove the configuration settings for you, but obviously backup before you make the changes & you run the following code at your own risk.

Change {prefix} to your database prefix.

Is there a particular reason you are uninstalling this task, is there something that could be improved ?

Thanks
Stuart

DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_conf_settings WHERE conf_key='sitemap_gzip' LIMIT 1;

DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_conf_settings WHERE conf_key='sitemap_ping_yahoo' LIMIT 1;

DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_conf_settings WHERE conf_key='sitemap_ping_google' LIMIT 1;

DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_conf_settings WHERE conf_key='sitemap_ping_bing' LIMIT 1;

DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_settings_titles WHERE conf_title_keyword='sitemap' LIMIT 1;

Hi there,

Whoah, I'm so sorry to say that, but I'm very disappointed with this Mod :(

My board is pretty large (1.7 million posts) and :

1. This script runs 50 000 topics at a time !! It's insane. I launched it a long time ago, and it is still running.

2. What happens for 50000+ topics ? The script should build incremental files, like topics1.xml, topics2.xml, etc.

3. It should only run for topics that have not been already inserted in the sitemap.

I'm so sorry, but this script is OK for only very small boards.
I have to uninstall it. :unsure:

Anyway, thanks for your work.

[quote name='Nicolas from Club Poker' date='16 February 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1266336162' post='1914174']
Hi there,

Whoah, I'm so sorry to say that, but I'm very disappointed with this Mod :(

My board is pretty large (1.7 million posts) and :

1. This script runs 50 000 topics at a time !! It's insane. I launched it a long time ago, and it is still running.

2. What happens for 50000+ topics ? The script should build incremental files, like topics1.xml, topics2.xml, etc.

3. It should only run for topics that have not been already inserted in the sitemap.

I'm so sorry, but this script is OK for only very small boards.
I have to uninstall it. :unsure:

Anyway, thanks for your work.

Thank you for your honest feedback Nicholas.

[*]This is something that I hope to address in the next version, we will be able to process X records per load instead of 50k. [*]Obviously if the topics are not in the latest 50k they won't be included in the sitemap, as above though something that will be included in the next version. [*]Possibly, it depends on the logic though, finding out if its already been put in a sitemap, which sitemap it's in. In some cases it is far easier and less resource intensive to regenerate the entire file. If you watch this topic, it will be updated when a new version is released. [quote name='dyelton' date='16 February 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1266336518' post='1914178'] ^ I actually have 1.1 million posts on my board and it's been running just fine. Thanks dyelton, It can depend on your configuration too, if you've selected to index forums that only have so many posts in, it might not reach the 50,000 limit.

[quote name='Nicolas from Club Poker' date='16 February 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1266336162' post='1914174']
Hi there,Whoah, I'm so sorry to say that, but I'm very disappointed with this Mod :(My board is pretty large (1.7 million posts) and :1. This script runs 50 000 topics at a time !! It's insane. I launched it a long time ago, and it is still running.2. What happens for 50000+ topics ? The script should build incremental files, like topics1.xml, topics2.xml, etc.3. It should only run for topics that have not been already inserted in the sitemap.I'm so sorry, but this script is OK for only very small boards.I have to uninstall it. :unsure: Anyway, thanks for your work.

ditto :)

Also - this does not exist: DELETE FROM {prefix}_core_sys_settings_titles WHERE conf_title_keyword='sitemap' LIMIT 1;

Now in Ststem ? Forums ? Sitemap Generator v1.0.3 (5 settings)

All I see is select group ! How can I remove this too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I didnt't change anything in Settings, but after just clicking the SAVE button, the task now works without generating that error, and a lock.
Thanks

Suggestion:

I really like the ease of setup :)

Could you add support/sitemaps for IP Links, IP Downloads, IP Blog?

Thanks

[quote name='srp' date='12 March 2010 - 06:17 AM' timestamp='1268374623' post='1924653']
Hello,

I didnt't change anything in Settings, but after just clicking the SAVE button, the task now works without generating that error, and a lock.
Thanks

Suggestion:

I really like the ease of setup :)

Could you add support/sitemaps for IP Links, IP Downloads, IP Blog?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm planning to add IP.Downloads, IP.Blog, IP.Gallery support in the future (possibly next verion), However I'm not entirely sure about adding IP.Links, why would you want to index a page that has links on it ? There's nothing useful to someone searching for a keyword is there ?

Thanks
Stuart

[quote name='stoo2000+' date='18 February 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1266452214' post='1914734']
What was the exact error? if the query is structured properly you won't see an error, even if nothing is deleted.

If you can give me the exact response from the database server, we can go from there :)

I go to delite and all I get is:

IP.Board Message

what you mean database error, it shows nothing.

[quote name='Gary.' date='17 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1268867095' post='1927675']
I go to delite and all I get is:

IP.Board Message

what you mean database error, it shows nothing.

[quote name='stoo2000+' date='17 March 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1268868187' post='1927696']
Attached.

Import the attached file above into your settings. It will enable delete buttons next to the settings, after you delete those, you will be able to remove the settings group.

Thanks
Stuart

[quote name='Gary.' date='17 March 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1268868806' post='1927704']
Worked perfect - Thank you once again for your free help and support :D

What was your reason for un-installing this task ? I'm planning the next version at the moment, Hopefully get a start on it in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TD7' date='11 December 2009 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1260501533' post='1887257']
just installed now running 3.0.5,got "There appears to be an error with the database. " when i ran the task and it got locked cause of that..so what could be the problem?

Edit:
was using too many forums in the setting,got it working with removing some forums

i got the same error, so what's the max number of forums i should select?

Archived