Download: XML Sitemap Generator Task v1.0.5

stoo2000

[quote name='leotan' date='09 May 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1273418144' post='1950182']
Hi,
How can I uninstall this modification?
I couldn't find any instruction on it.

Thank you.

Help. Can't uninstall either. There are about 4 users in this thread with the same issue. How do you uninstall. Asking for admin access to "do it yourself" isn't what I call a solution. Where are the uninstall instructions?

[quote name='Gary.' date='18 March 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1268867095' post='1927675']
I go to delite and all I get is:

IP.Board Message
You cannot remove this setting group as it still contains active settings. Please remove the settings inside it first.

what you mean database error, it shows nothing.

[quote name='stoo2000+' date='18 March 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1268868187' post='1927696']
Attached.

[quote name='stoo2000' date='18 March 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1268868280' post='1927698']
Import the attached file above into your settings. It will enable delete buttons next to the settings, after you delete those, you will be able to remove the settings group.

Thanks
Stuart

I've mentioned this about 10 times now ;)

[quote name='stoo2000' date='28 June 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1277747967' post='1978968']
I've mentioned this about 10 times now ;)

And if you don't want to keep mentioning it should be placed within/below the install instructions included.

I don't see an attachment will search for it so u dont have to mention again

Ok, now I've NEVER submitted a sitemap via google webmaster tools. As such in WM tools it list sitemaps as "Show submissions: Mine ‎(0)‎ - All ‎(1)‎"

Note where the "0" is listed. When I click "All (1) it lists the XML Sitemap Generator Task v1.0.5 sitemap.

So how do I removed the sitemap that this script auto ping/updated to google?

Now I have to also check yahoo, bing etc to see if XML Sitemap Generator Task v1.0.5 screwed me there also.

I don't understand your problem, you obviously just don't understand how it's supposed to work. One of the features is the auto-submission of sitemaps to search engines :rolleyes:

In in Google webmaster tools you tick the box and click delete. It's not a problem if you've deleted it from your server, Google will remove it over time anyway.

There is NO delete box for that sitemap. I can ONLY delete sitemaps listed under "mine".

Simply login to webmaster tools > Site configuration > Sitemaps > on the right of page it says: Show submissions: Mine ‎(0)‎ - All ‎(1)‎

For all my other websites I own it says Mine (1) and i can click checkbox and selected delete there.

This is the first time in years I've had this issue.

Since we are going to "you obviously just don't..."

Here's one of my sites: http://pinstack.com

I've been doing this for over 8 years and have web properties totaling over 10M monthly page views. This script is clumsy to say the least and documentation is beyond poor. I can't wait to get it from under my skin and out of my webmaster tools.

I've used vbseo sitemap generator for the last 3 or 4 years and all their sitemaps are listed under "Mine", thus I can easily delete, etc.

So yes someone "obviously just don't understand how it's supposed to work"

Yes it will purge but this is just poor it should have been done RIGHT the first time like all the other sitemap add-ons for vb, worpress, joomla etc that I use.

If you know alot about this then, you should know that it has no control over how Google Webmaster tools allows you to manage your sitemap. All it does is ping to search engines as outlined in the Sitemap Protocol.

Seeing as you're one out of at least 1,000 installs of this addon that is having a problem, have you ever thought you might be doing something wrong ?.

I did offer to have a look for you, but all I was met with was comments of how poor my script is (that I've spent many many hours working on).

Ive spent many years working also. So it's mutual. As per installs how many installs are on 3.1 and how many of those are using furls, then how many of those checked to see contents of sitemap. It works, BUT does not pickup furls on my 3.1, this why I removed.

Thanks.

[quote name='altenerg' date='28 June 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1277751072' post='1979011']
Ive spent many years working also. So it's mutual. As per installs how many installs are on 3.1 and how many of those are using furls, then how many of those checked to see contents of sitemap. It works, BUT does not pickup furls on my 3.1, this why I removed.

Thanks.

I offered to look becuase I use the task on my own 3.1.1 forum and it's working perfectly fine. No hard feelings anyway.

[quote name='mg_ttech' date='02 July 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1278086169' post='1981002']
are you planning to update this app anytime soon, the uninstall bug and inability to generate FURL manually are holding me from using it.

The task does generate FURL links if it is ran by the task scheduler.

I'm not sure on an update at the moment. I did have some plans but I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time to do those.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='WebbyB' timestamp='1291749702' post='2053062']
You say that, but the settings are still there....

Is there a manual process to remove it from the DB?

Did you use the file in this post: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/293547-download-xml-sitemap-generator-task-v105/page__st__60__p__1927696#entry1927696

to unprotect the settings ?

After you've done that, you will have a delete button next to the settings.

p.s. If that doesn't work for you, if you can provide ACP access I can remove it for you.

I get the following errors at the top of the page when I run the sitemap generator, can anyone help me out with why?

Warning: gzopen(/home/westcoas/public_html/topicsitemap.xml.gz) [function.gzopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 322
Warning: gzwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 323
Warning: gzclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 324
Warning: gzopen(/home/westcoas/public_html/forumsitemap.xml.gz) [function.gzopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 418
Warning: gzwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 419
Warning: gzclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 420
Warning: gzopen(/home/westcoas/public_html/indexsitemap.xml.gz) [function.gzopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 498
Warning: gzwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 499
Warning: gzclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/westcoas/public_html/admin/applications/forums/tasks/sitemap.php on line 500

Thanks!

Archived