Report Center permissions

AtariAge

Is there any way to specify which groups can delete reports in the Report Center? I'd like to make it so that only the Admin group can actually delete reports, as I always want to see reports before they are nuked. Unfortunately, sometimes moderators delete reports before I'm able to look at them. I just asked them not to do that, but that's not infallible. If there isn't already a setting for this, could one possibly be added?

Thanks,

..Al

Delete permissions in the report center are currently automatically given to anyone with ACP access. So if your moderators do not have access to the ACP, they should not be able to delete reports. We may add more fine grained controls to this in the future, but I can't promise anything right now. :)

Thanks for the explanation--looks like I was wrong about moderators being able to delete reports. I used a test account to verify this, so I must have been on crack earlier when I wrote the original post. However, I did run into a different problem. It appears that the "Moderators" group cannot view "Forum Post" reports. I gave a test account moderator access and then looked at the Report Center. The only reports I can see with that account are User and Private Message reports. Here are some screenshots:

User "Testbot4" in the Moderators group:

rc_testbot4.png

Here are the permissions setup in the Forum Plugin for the Report Center. You can see the "Moderators" group is selected:

rc_permissions.png

Same user visiting Report Center. There should be several post reports, but they are not showing up:

rc_moderator.png

After giving this user Global Moderator privileges, he can now see all the reports:

rc_globalmod.png

Help?

Thanks,

..Al

One other thing--an active "Delete Report" button is visible when viewing a report even though you do not have access to delete it. Would be nice if this button was not visible in the same way that the Delete Reports option is removed from the dropdown on the main RC page.

..Al

[quote name='Μichael' date='27 August 2009 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1251380567' post='1849421']
Are the reports they can't see from forums they actually have moderator privileges to? I believe those permissions do get checked when determining which reports to show.

Ahhh, good call, I didn't think about that!

Just tested it and you are absolutely correct.

Thank you.

..Al

PS: The issue with the delete button still stands, though. :D

Archived