Personal emoticons

Wolfie

Very simple.. Via member group setting, a member of a group could add their own emoticons and names (although the names would be forced to be between colon's) that they could use when they make posts. The member group setting should be -1/0/# settable (-1 unlimited, 0 is off or not allowed, otherwise the # is the maximum number of personal emoticons they can have/setup).

Each emoticon would either be a file they upload or a URL to the emoticon itself. The emoticons should also replace the boards default emoticons (perhaps setting per group if that group can override default emoticons). So if someone wanted to use their own version of a common smiley, they could.

And then what happens on large boards where you have thousands upon thousands of members each uploading multiple emoticons?

Say goodbye to your disk space :lol:

Well I had the idea and thought I'd toss it out. :P

What about user submissions of emoticons, where a member can supply the image and suggested :tag: and then the admin either approves it (and it gets added) or not? Per group setting (obviously) and view the group can limit the kb and x/y dimensions.

[quote name='Μichael' date='10 August 2009 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1249940517' post='1841507']
Why couldn't your members just start a topic on the forums where they post these emoticons they'd like added?
[/quote]
Thats how I got the 1000s of emoticons I have.

Archived