Application Page Title Inconsistencies

Tiki Tiki

[Originally posted in the Tracker as Report ID #17217: Page Title Inconsistency. Re-posted here as suggested by bfarber.]

There is an inconsistency in the way page titles are handled for the various applications.

When I choose the Blogs tab for my site, the title at the top of the page reads:

Likewise, if I choose the Gallery tab, the title at the top of the page reads:

However, if I click on the Downloads tab, the title is simply:

Wouldn't it make more sense if it were consistent with the others?

I am posting this under [the Tracker for] IP.Download Manager, but perhaps it really belongs under IP.Board, as the page titles for the Calendar and Member List aren't exactly consistent either.

Calendar loses the '->':

And Member List looks exactly like Downloads does by losing the forum name:

Things are definitely not consistent from one application to the next.

Personally, I think the titles look better without the '->' stuck in there, like was done for the Calendar.

Assuming you may not consider this problem worthy of fixing, can you point me to where I would go in the code or templates to override the current titles?

MySiteName Forums -> Community Blog List

MySiteName Forums -> Gallery

Download Manager

MySiteName Forums -> Downloads

MySiteName Forums Calendar

Member List

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='27 July 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1248726349' post='1834192']
Screenshots? I'm kind of not getting what you're talking about since it all seems to be consistent for me.

He's saying the title (in the browser title bar) isn't consistent between certain pages. Some have "board name ->" in the front while others do not.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='27 July 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1248726349' post='1834192']Screenshots? I'm kind of not getting what you're talking about since it all seems to be consistent for me.
Screenshots are unnecessary. Click on all of your tabs for Forums, Members, Calendar, Blogs, Downloads, and Gallery, and you will see titles at the top of your browser window that look exactly as I have posted here.

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 July 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1248727088' post='1834202']He's saying the title (in the browser title bar) isn't consistent between certain pages. Some have "board name ->" in the front while others do not.

Correct.

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 July 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1248727088' post='1834202']
He's saying the title (in the browser title bar) isn't consistent between certain pages. Some have "board name ->" in the front while others do not.

Ah okay I get it now.

So um, hey bfarber, bug!!! :D j/k

Archived