Ticket System

Andy Rixon

Hello,

Just some feedback regarding your ticket system, its perfect, but as for the replies them selves, its really delays and slow, I submitted a ticket about my hosted community about a problem and by the time they replied the issue had sorted it self, I think that support responses should be faster, it ain't just because of the new release of IP.Board, as it was like this way before then.

Just my 2 quid!

I've found it to be sporadic. Last night at 10pm my time (1AM this morning EST), a ticket got a reply within 15 minutes. A while back, it took 3 days (this was the weekend and it was a dev ticket, too). I've got another one I opened 30 minutes ago without a response yet.

Overall, though, I'm thoroughly pleased with their support, especially with the massive amount of tickets they must be getting with 3.0. I've never had something go unresolved, and very rarely have issues lasted longer than a day. :)

[quote name='! αη∂у яιχση !' date='17 July 2009 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1247869198' post='1828071']
Support is great when someone responses, its perfect and easy to understand them, I just seem to find its slow at times and not to my standard, but its my opinion lol

Are we looking at the correct ticket? Perhaps there's another ticket we're not aware of? :unsure:

We guarantee a 48-hour turn around on tickets last I checked, so a response in under 30 minutes is well within that time. I'm really not sure how we could make it any quicker than that, in fact. At least with everything going on right now. :unsure:

Like I said, maybe you have another ticket and we're just not looking at the same issue?

It seems like maybe some departments are faster off the mark than others? All of my pre-sales tickets were answered within minutes, even in the middle of the night. It was one of the things that really sold me on IPS! :)

My current tickets, though, have been sitting since Friday, I get that they wouldn't be answered over the weekend, but I thought they would have been started this morning. I updated one a couple hours ago requesting an estimate on when the work might be started so I could have answers for my users, but still waiting for an answer to that question too. :(

I hope today is not office picnic day at IPS! ;)

[quote name='DarkRider' date='20 July 2009 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1248114922' post='1829646']
It seems like maybe some departments are faster off the mark than others? All of my pre-sales tickets were answered within minutes, even in the middle of the night. It was one of the things that really sold me on IPS! :)

My current tickets, though, have been sitting since Friday, I get that they wouldn't be answered over the weekend, but I thought they would have been started this morning. I updated one a couple hours ago requesting an estimate on when the work might be started so I could have answers for my users, but still waiting for an answer to that question too. :(

What business isnt going to respond to sales queries quicker than anyother element it would lower the number of sales if response times were slow!

Im interested to see how a ticket of mine is going to work out - i raised it and since then my supports expired, however im hosted with IPS too :blink:

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='20 July 2009 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1248118296' post='1829670']
What business isnt going to respond to sales queries quicker than anyother element it would lower the number of sales if response times were slow!

True that! :lol:

[quote name='DarkRider' date='20 July 2009 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1248114922' post='1829646']

What's the ticket number?

In general, first-level support tickets are responded to pretty quickly. Within our time frame, and generally within a few hours (though naturally we're pretty busy right now).

Tickets that get escalated (which I'm currently going through) tend to take a bit longer. If I come in and there are 16 tickets, and it takes me 2 hours to do each ticket, and there's 8 hours in a day....well, you can do the math. ;) It's just the nature of the issues by the time they're escalated. :)

Ticket Number #587520 is the one I updated needing an update.

I'm sure you guys are all really busy right now, so I'm trying to kid with the delays, hence the picnic comment, I just need an estimate on when so I know what to tell my users and so I know when to stop mucking about so the techs can work! :thumbsup:

[quote name='bfarber' date='18 July 2009 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1247872937' post='1828101']
Are we looking at the correct ticket? Perhaps there's another ticket we're not aware of? :unsure:

We guarantee a 48-hour turn around on tickets last I checked, so a response in under 30 minutes is well within that time. I'm really not sure how we could make it any quicker than that, in fact. At least with everything going on right now. :unsure:

Like I said, maybe you have another ticket and we're just not looking at the same issue?

To be fair the last few few tickets that I submitted went several days without reply, and I ended up closing them myself, still no resolve on the skin cache problem, so I just gave up, hoping that I would eventually find the answers in here. So I have to agree that the response times are a lot slower than what I have experienced in the past

[quote name='DarkRider' date='20 July 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1248125739' post='1829751']
Ticket Number #587520 is the one I updated needing an update.

I'm sure you guys are all really busy right now, so I'm trying to kid with the delays, hence the picnic comment, I just need an estimate on when so I know what to tell my users and so I know when to stop mucking about so the techs can work! :thumbsup:

Ah, your ticket just managed to hit awful timing. Was submitted Friday afternoon (so no one got to it before leaving for the day), then of course had to wait all weekend...

I'm sorry for the delay, but looks like it has been addressed now. :)

[quote name='Arctic Monkeys UK.com' date='21 July 2009 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1248182705' post='1830110']
Be nice to know seen as im having members posting that the forum keeps crashing and wont let people post

raised 7am yesterday - as of now no response. :)

Ticket #588006

Your ticket is about 1 day old (as of right now). I'd imagine it will be replied to today.

Archived