We will haven't the upgrade packages?

Feneroin

A short cut if you have Shell access (SSH) is to zip up all the files in the "board" directory (but not the directory) and then upload the ZIP onto your server via FTP, then using Shell, unzip with the -o switch (overwrite). If you don't have Shell access, cPanel's file manager also has an unzip function, if I am not mistaken.

That's all I do every time. It's uploaded in less than a minute then. It's much faster to upload one large file than a thousand small files.

[quote name='Stallyon' date='17 July 2009 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1247794273' post='1827540']... then using Shell, unzip with the -o switch (overwrite).

Could you explain this part please?

My server tells me I have a ...

"Shell account - allows SFTP/FTP plus ssh access.

Shell Type: /bin/bash "

(Other options available are: /bin/bash/tcsh ... /bin/bash/ksh ... /bin/bash/zsh)

If I 'open' the file on the server it justs opens in a temp file on my computer, not on the server.

As I'm on a slow wireless internet connection, paying for uploads and downloads, this would be much quicker and easier for me. :)

Hi

I just upgraded :) The most modifications on my forum were just hooks with no file edits or skin edits.

After upgrade, i see they are still there :)

It means i just have to redo file edit for 1 or 2 mods and no reinstall hook or skin edits ?

[quote name='Cairns' date='17 July 2009 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1247812450' post='1827627']
Could you explain this part please?

My server tells me I have a ...

"Shell account - allows SFTP/FTP plus ssh access.

Shell Type: /bin/bash "

(Other options available are: /bin/bash/tcsh ... /bin/bash/ksh ... /bin/bash/zsh)

If I 'open' the file on the server it justs opens in a temp file on my computer, not on the server.

As I'm on a slow wireless internet connection, paying for uploads and downloads, this would be much quicker and easier for me. smile.gif

Use a simple tool called PuTTY (it's one file) and you just put your server address or IP in the Host Name box and click Open. It will need to ask if you trust it before you connect, and then just type your username and password.

• Management

There were just so many changed files. It would be easier just telling you what wasn't changed. We can provide a DIFF but our repo contains everything including blog, gallery, downloads, etc. It would be a pain to go through it and manually remove those items.

Archived