IPS Site Spammers

Wolf

[quote name='Wolf' date='16 July 2009 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1247770563' post='1827288']
perhaps enable Q&A security?

I use it, it works good. But my advantage is that Q&A is in my native language, bots don't understand what I asking :)

[quote name='Wolf' date='16 July 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1247770563' post='1827288']
I just reported several spam-users to the moderation team. It seems spammers are getting past the image verification on this board; perhaps enable Q&A security?

They need the 'spamless' mod ;)

Most likely it's a person completing the registration to bypass security measures, then the bot taking over from there.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='16 July 2009 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1247771379' post='1827306']
They need the 'spamless' mod wink.gif

Most likely it's a person completing the registration to bypass security measures, then the bot taking over from there.

It's not finished and I doubt IPS would be using a mod :P

[quote name='Wolf' date='16 July 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1247781409' post='1827432']
It's not finished and I doubt IPS would be using a mod :P

Would so rock if they did though. :lol: Hey, if it was taken over by the community, they might.. They use the tracker, for example.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='16 July 2009 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1247781861' post='1827435']
Would so rock if they did though. :lol: Hey, if it was taken over by the community, they might.. They use the tracker, for example.

Ah, but you see Tracker was written by IPS to start with.
In fact, that's kind of how the Community Projects were born... IPS wrote the Tracker - and people from the community wanted to use it - so it was just sort of handed over to them.

SHHH!! Don't ruin my idea.. :P

Still though, if the spamless mod we came up with (and that he and others are developing) was to end up being used, it would totally rock. Especially if the mod is as effective as it's planned to be.

Archived