CSS question

RazorThemes

While I agree it's a great attribute (and it's pathetic that IE doesn't support it, but, such is life with IE), it makes the layout look "boxy" in IE. Would this not have been better accomplished using a combination of CSS/images so that consistency was maintained across all browsers...or were you trying to keep the bloat level down? I'm not trying to be critical, rather just thinking out loud.

We could have added hundreds of lines of HTML to add rounded corners, but for something so unimportant I don't think that's worthwhile. It doesn't affect the usability of the software, so in our opinion, it's something that the newer browsers can use, and the older browsers can just ignore :) Not everyone is going to want rounded corners on their skin, which would leave them with all those extra tags that would be useless.

Personally, I think creating a working base then enhancing it where browsers support particular features is a better way forward than trying to strong-arm all browsers into one pixel-perfect rendering.

[quote name='Rikki' date='14 July 2009 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1247590710' post='1826155']

Personally, I think creating a working base then enhancing it where browsers support particular features is a better way forward than trying to strong-arm all browsers into one pixel-perfect rendering.

I agree with this sentiment as well actually, however it's certainly not something I'm used to seeing promoted ;) Refreshing in a way. Just wish more of my clients would see it this way lol.

Archived