After install / upgrade: conf_global reminder

AndyF

This topic reminded me of something > http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/286583-chmod-back-after-instalation/ , its not a bug as its always been that way...

I do think it would be nice if there was a remind on the last page of the upgrader / installer routing to warn you to chmod conf_global back down again.

Perhaps a better option, a warning in the ACP (similar to the warning box about /install/index.php still being present) warning you conf_global is writeable. I know its already done in the security center ;) , but new admin's may not visit that section for a while.

Just a passing thought :)

[quote name='ΑndyF' date='29 June 2009 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1246284298' post='1816716']
This topic reminded me of something > http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/286583-chmod-back-after-instalation/ , its not a bug as its always been that way...

I do think it would be nice if there was a remind on the last page of the upgrader / installer routing to warn you to chmod conf_global back down again.

Perhaps a better option, a warning in the ACP (similar to the warning box about /install/index.php still being present) warning you conf_global is writeable. I know its already done in the security center ;) , but new admin's may not visit that section for a while.

Just a passing thought :)

+ for ya

Here's a slightly better idea. If there are any known security issues that are highly recommended to be dealt with, then a big warning notice that advises the admin to visit the security center to address the issues. A link to take them directly there would also be helpful (but should only appear if they have access to that area).

Would help new admins to learn about it and see what's there for them to use.

Archived