IN_DEV

Jaggi

This is regarding the following "bug": http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=14538.

Since this bug was marked as working as intended i guess its now a feature request. Although this really isn't a feature request cus i used to be in 2.3 fine but then got screwed in IPB3.

Basically theres a few issues here, firstly when a admin turns IN_DEV mode theres no export of the master_css folder, it would be cool if this could be added to the skin tools as although c&p of the css_1 etc dir is a possible its a bit caveman (considering theres already a export php files feature). secondly which is related to the bug is that when the style sheets are loaded in IN_DEV mode they seem to be loaded as print rather than the full screen essemble. Kinda wondering why this is but i think every developer here would like this removed so it reads the styles in screen mode. At the moment theres a kinda hack by adding the following to the top of each of the css files:

could this not be done if a master_css export feature is added or stop ipb from reading the styles as print mode when IN_DEV is turned on! i don't really understand why this was changed to work in this way as its pretty confusing and not very intuitive.

/*<IPS_IMPORT_BLOCK>

DO NOT REMOVE OR ALTER THIS PLEASE. IT IS REMOVED AUTOMATICALLY BY THE IMPORT ROUTINE.

<css_position>1</css_position>

<css_app>core</css_app>

<css_app_hide>0</css_app_hide>

<css_attributes>title="Main" media="screen"</css_attributes>

</IPS_IMPORT_BLOCK>*/

• Management

Why not use the per-skin tools and leave the 'master' skin alone? :D

Check out /cache/skin_cache/masterMap.php

To be able to edit a skin outside of the ACP, do this. 1) Create a new skin set within the ACP. It can be a 'root' skin or a 'child'. It doesn't matter. Make sure you enter a 'skin_key' which must be unique. 2) Put your board in IN_DEV mode by editing the constant in conf_global.php 3) Create a new master skin directory in /cache/skin_cache. It must be something unique, like 'master_myskin' for example. 4) Add your new 'skin_key' to the 'templates' array below. 5) Back into your ACP, go to the list of skin sets. Click on the menu icon for your new skin set and choose: 'EXPORT Templates into 'master' directory...'. You should now be able to edit those files as you browse the board without the ACP. When you are done, simply choose 'IMPORT Templates..'. */

/*

[quote name='Matt' date='29 June 2009 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1246277506' post='1816657']
Why not use the per-skin tools and leave the 'master' skin alone? :D

Check out /cache/skin_cache/masterMap.php

yea i saw that but then i thought although that could be useful for skinners as they won't be messing with the master skin its just extra uneccessary process for developers.

/*

To be able to edit a skin outside of the ACP, do this.

1) Create a new skin set within the ACP. It can be a 'root' skin or a 'child'. It doesn't matter. Make sure you enter a 'skin_key' which must be unique.

2) Put your board in IN_DEV mode by editing the constant in conf_global.php

3) Create a new master skin directory in /cache/skin_cache. It must be something unique, like 'master_myskin' for example.

4) Add your new 'skin_key' to the 'templates' array below.

5) Back into your ACP, go to the list of skin sets. Click on the menu icon for your new skin set and choose: 'EXPORT Templates into 'master' directory...'.

You should now be able to edit those files as you browse the board without the ACP. When you are done, simply choose 'IMPORT Templates..'.

*/

Archived