Translating question

boon79

Hi

There is this part on the sign in page:

* Start new topics and reply to others * Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates * Add events to our community calendar * Get your own profile and make new friends * Customize your experience here

It's not in the language files. I found it in this file: admin/applications/forums/xml/forums_settings.xml but translating this file won't change the language. I guess it's stored in the database. So how can I translate it?

Thanks

If you aren't a member yet, it only takes a couple of minutes to register! Members get these benefits and more!

Sorry, before your answer i was looking for this text in the database. I found it in the ibf_cache_store table and moified it. Since then I get this error even if I change it back to the original text:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not initiate the registry, the settings cache is empty or missing' in F:xampphtdocsipb3adminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php:1627 Stack trace: #0 F:xampphtdocsipb3adminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php(498): ipsRegistry->setUpSettings() #1 F:xampphtdocsipb3adminsourcesbaseipsController.php(75): ipsRegistry::init() #2 F:xampphtdocsipb3adminsourcesbaseipsController.php(62): ipsController->init() #3 F:xampphtdocsipb3index.php(24): ipsController::run() #4 {main} thrown in F:xampphtdocsipb3adminsourcesbaseipsRegistry.php on line 1627

Ouch, I'm guessing the AdminCP has the same error? I don't think there is a tool to rebuild the settings cache outside the Admin CP. You edit the contents of cs_value in the settings entry?
I guess you could enter something temporary to bypass the error, something random like this into cs_value

Then you might be able to access Admin CP > System Tab > Cache Management. Recache Cache... settings row.

Edit: I haven't tested this, so take a quick backup now.

a:2:{s:10:"mail_queue";i:0;s:13:"task_next_run";s:10:"1246017960";}

[quote name='Michael John' date='27 June 2009 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1246094609' post='1815424']
Ouch, I'm guessing the AdminCP has the same error? I don't think there is a tool to rebuild the settings cache outside the Admin CP. You edit the contents of cs_value in the settings entry?
I guess you could enter something temporary to bypass the error, something random like this into cs_value

Then you might be able to access Admin CP > System Tab > Cache Management. Recache Cache... settings row.

Edit: I haven't tested this, so take a quick backup now.

thanks. this worked

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='boon79' date='27 June 2009 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1246096316' post='1815434']
thanks. this worked

Had the same error after converting board and db from cp1251 to utf8.
ips_kernel/classDbMysqlClient.php

This helps solving the above mentioned issue.

//-----------------------------------------

// Run the query

//-----------------------------------------

#I had to switch this around... The query goes first, connection id second. Otherwise it just breaks - KF

#$this->query_id = mysql_query($this->connection_id, $the_query );

++ mysql_query( "SET NAMES utf8", $this->connection_id );

$this->query_id = mysql_query( $the_query, $this->connection_id );

Archived