Installed Hooks: Status Updates

jclarke

[quote name='sunrisecc' date='16 June 2009 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1245187940' post='1810841']
From where are the status updates derived? I acnnot get any to display on my test board.

When people update their statuses in their profiles.

[quote name='jclarke' date='16 June 2009 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1245183760' post='1810818']
My Control Panel says: Displays the last 10 status updates from members

But my forum is showing around 30 different status updates for members. I'd like to reduce this back down to 10 as advertised.

There's reference to this in the bug tracker

[quote name='jclarke' date='16 June 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1245190830' post='1810850']
This reference doesn't help me solve it???

According to Brandon, you need to re-import the hook. In your Admin CP, on the System tab, click the 'Manage Hooks' link on the left. Down at the bottom of the page, click the Browse button and browse to the XML file for this hook. You can find it in the /admin/applications/members/xml/hooks/ directory of the IP.Board 3.0.0 files, and it's called 'status_updates.xml'. Just re-import this XML file from there, it should fix this.

The "10 latest status" hook was updated in RC2, however we do not automatically update hooks upon upgrade (to prevent breaking customizations you might make) so you will need to manually reimport the hook in the ACP using Michael's steps above.

Archived