Need Revisioning/Versioning in IPB !

chasz

[quote name='teraßyte' date='21 May 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1242927463' post='1804175']
And then everyone will enable it and their DB will grown infinitely in size because people won't read the notice that the option uses a lot of DB space :P

Exactly. :thumbsup:

If the only purpose it serves is to have a backup, then I don't see the point. Will it be in the same database as the main board, so that when I run my daily backup, it will be twice the size it normally is and take twice as long to produce?

There already is a 2-phase 'trash can' capability so that topics/posts that are deleted aren't really deleted, they are moved to another forum.

well then dont turn it on !! OMG !!

Allow others who might need it to have 5 revisions MAX and they have to be manually enabled, per forum and then per topic from the end-user !!

so the important topics are stored in one table which should be backed up rather than the whole database OMG !

OMG OMG OMG !!

[quote name='chasz' date='21 May 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1242933514' post='1804207']
well then dont turn it on !! OMG !!

Allow others who might need it to have 5 revisions MAX and they have to be manually enabled, per forum and then per topic from the end-user !!

so the important topics are stored in one table which should be backed up rather than the whole database OMG !

OMG OMG OMG !!

All this can also be achieved with a backup script outside of IPB.

Archived