is "similar topics" going to be added?

ikillbill

If i recall correctly several staff have commented that they don't think the feature is accurate and don't really think it's worth adding. One of them did however bring up the idea that if they add thread tagging in a later version they may add a "Similarly Tagged Topics" feature since that would be more accurate than a similar topics feature.

Either way, it's not going to be in 3.0.

Kotonoha is correct, we don't think similar topic features are accurate enough to be useful and worth the extra resources it takes to generate them. I'm sure someone will release a hook with this functionality though.

I do think there is a chance you could see a feature like this included with a tagging system, but nothing has been decided yet.

[quote name='Josh' date='19 May 2009 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1242739711' post='1803462']
Kotonoha is correct, we don't think similar topic features are accurate enough

This doesn't stop you from bombarding users with 'possible solutions' when they try to submit a support ticket :P

[quote name='Brandon D' date='19 May 2009 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1242786223' post='1803694']
This doesn't stop you from bombarding users with 'possible solutions' when they try to submit a support ticket :P

Our ticket system may have 100-500 KB articles (don't know exact count) and we manually set the tags that are searched when we submit the article.

This is different than a fulltext search based on topic titles. ;)

Archived