Buying an IPB perpetual license 2nd hand?

N-Smoke

Say i were to buy a perpetual license off someone who currently owns one, would I be able to change it so that its in my name and not theirs?

What are some of the risks of buying a 2nd hand license? I've gotten an offer for one for $300, but I don't have that kind of money, I'm a bit unsure, I planned on buying the standard for $150 this wensday once my paypal clears the extra $50 I need to do so....

Please advise.

I'm pretty sure you no longer are able to transfer licenses.. You'd have to risk paying somebody then having them give you their account details.. I'd suggest just saving yourself the trouble and purchasing the Standard License.. I'm a proud customer, the support is great, the perks are great, and the overall community is great. The $25 every 6 months, which is optional, for support, is nothing, quite frankly. Simply sell some cheap adspace on your forum and you'll make it up.. At least I'd hope you did xD..

Good luck with whatever you chose to do.

We do not recommend purchasing licenses 2nd hand. If you get ripped off from such a purchase, there's nothing we can do to assist I'm afraid (and yes, we've seen it happen before - more than once).

The person would need to essentially give you the login to their account, at which point you would assume the account (and change the personal details and so forth on the account to your own).

As for risks - we've seen people offer licenses they don't own, sell the same single license to multiple users, sell a license they do own and simply never turn over the login information, etc. You are dealing with a third party on the internet and should be aware of this if you decide to pursue a second hand license. Again, I'd recommend against it.

I know I won't. I've used IPB 1.x in the past and LOVED it. I love vB too but i hate what they're doing to it, so I'm jumpin ship back to good ol' Invision. :D and I will hopefully remain here for years to come! :D

I remember whem Bfarber was just a modder at IBPlaent, now he's staff at Invision haha. Man times have flown by :D

Yeah I do man. :P

I remember using some of your mods on my old forums way back in the day. :)

This is gonna be awesome getting Intouch with Invision again. :)

Should be ready to order the license tomorrow :)

Archived