Help modifying max_execution_time on localhost

Guest FrostedPopTart

Before you ask, yes I modified php.ini, my.cnf, and httpd.conf already; along with putting a .htaccess in my phpmyadmin directory and even going so far as to add a line in the affected file(s) to do an ini_set and trying to change it that way, all to no avail.

The problem is that I have set up Wamp Server on my computer for testing purposes, and I am trying to import a rather small (about 10.5 mb) database. The problem may be that it has loads of rows (almost 72,000; to be exact). So what should I do, since all I am getting is:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.1.1\libraries\dbi\mysqli.dbi.lib.php on line 165

? Thanks in advance. :)

Before you ask, [size="7"]yes I modified php.ini,[/size] my.cnf, and httpd.conf already; along with putting a .htaccess in my phpmyadmin directory and even going so far as to add a line in the affected file(s) to do an ini_set and trying to change it that way, all to no avail.

The problem is that I have set up Wamp Server on my computer for testing purposes, and I am trying to import a rather small (about 10.5 mb) database. The problem may be that it has loads of rows (almost 72,000; to be exact). So what should I do, since all I am getting is:

[b]Fatal error[/b]: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in [b]C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.1.1\libraries\dbi\mysqli.dbi.lib.php[/b] on line [b]165

[/b]? Thanks in advance. :) [b]

[/b]

:(

As proof:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 600     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 60    ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level

memory_limit = 128M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)

:(

As proof:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 600     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 60    ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level

memory_limit = 128M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)

Sorry missed that. What WAMP package are you using? Have you checked the affected files if it has set_time_limit added anywhere already?

I know you solved this, but one thing I had (very similar to this) , and it drove me mad for a while, I edited php.ini but it did not have any effect ( :D )

I found with Wamp, its best to just click on the icon in the system tray > PHP > Php.ini and that fires up the "correct" one to edit.

:)

I do for importing databases, easy enough to navigate and just do a mysql -u root < database.sql to import it, a lot faster than trying with phpmyadmin and having it (typically) time out :)

I don't have shell access on any of my web hosting accounts though unfortunately. Oh well :)

I don't have shell access on any of my web hosting accounts though unfortunately. Oh well :)

Assuming you do have a Control Panel interface though and can add scheduled Crontab jobs, it's possible to create a shell script in a .sh file. Thescript file contains the commands you typed above, and then use the Control Panel to schedule the script to run in 5 minutes time.

It's clumsy, but it works.

FYI, I have another thing that I need help with :( . It appears that there is a bug in the newest release of WampServer that prevents access to PHPMyAdmin from localhost since some phpmyadmin.conf file wasn't updated properly on install, but I can find no such file. :( This is the code that I need to change:

[/b] No I installed the last english package available and I found this error. The phpmyadmin changed the version to 3.1.1 BUT the phpmyadmin.conf was not changed. So, it's like this: ---------------------------- Alias /phpmyadmin "C:/Arquivos de programas/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin2.11.6/" <Directory "C:/Arquivos de programas/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin2.11.6/"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride all Order Deny,Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 </Directory> ---------------------------- but should be: ---------------------------- Alias /phpmyadmin "C:/Arquivos de programas/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.1.1/" <Directory "C:/Arquivos de programas/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.1.1/"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride all Order Deny,Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 </Directory> ---------------------------- This is the reason of the message: "403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server."

Error on phpmyadmin.conf 		 		 			[b]Private: (?)

source: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2585047&group_id=116092&atid=673705

Any idea where that file and code is? Thanks. (Ya know, it IS kind of important to have access to PHPMyAdmin on localhost. :lol: )

I have not come across this issue :) , my Wamp install is about 3 weeks old, not sure if its been updated since then.

Is phpmyadmin added to your alias list ? , also try it again without the last trailing slash on it, like this /phpmyadmin , instead of /phpmyadmin/

Archived