Question regarding the Big 3's

Guest Brandon D

I'm assuming all of IPB's components (e.g. the gallery, blog etc) will be upgraded to their respective "3" versions and released at the same time as IPB3? Considering the huge amount of change to the IPB's framework, I'm thinking they'd leave the current components pretty much screwed without an update :P ... which also brings up the question, will these updates to the components simply be a fix to get it working on the new framework, or will they have new features as well?

Can anyone confirm? Particularity IPG3, as that's the one I care most about :lol:

Can we start a "Big 3" paypal fund for everyone to donate to... which can be used to pay for the developer's overtime rates? (w00t)

How does 80 hour work weeks sound? ;)

Most of the Devs are married. Might want to start a spouses hush fund. My wife would go ballistic :P but I'm not a dev so.... LOL

Most of the Devs are married. Might want to start a spouses hush fund. My wife would go ballistic :P but I'm not a dev so.... LOL

OMG I'm so for this because I'm one of those people that do stuff in my off time for stuff I should only do when I'm at work and talk about it while I'm at home especially when I'm frustrated or developing.

I think my wife might hunt you down if I started working 80 hours in a week. :P

But to answer your question, all 3 components will (naturally) need to be updated to work with 3.x.

The extent of the updates remain to be seen. We will announce this information in the future.

Archived