IPB and Opera 9.5

Guest Jυra

Has anyone used the latest version of Opera with IPB's control panel...? I can't make gallery categories and other things.

Yes, this feature + Edit member 'button' are broken with Opera 9.5 Final.

When trying to write Private Messages, the message remains blank.

Unable to reproduce this problem with any builds of Opera 9.5 (snapshot, alpha, beta and final).

I heard that Opera 9.5 Beta has big problems with Rich text editor. Can anyone reproduce this?

Unable to reproduce this problem with any builds of Opera 9.5 (snapshot, alpha, beta and final).

I have deleted the off-topic posts. Just a reminder to everyone: If you see a member violating the Forum Rules, be sure to use the 'Report' feature on the post and please do not perform a staff member's duties by asking them to stay on-topic, as this is against the Forum Rules.

Please stay on-topic and try not to stray from the topic at-hand.

Thank you for your understanding :)

I've found a couple of issue with Opera 9.5 and IPB 2.3.5. First and to me the most annoying is the fact I can't send a personal message I get the follwoing error message
The following errors were found

You must enter a message larger than 3 characters.

This personal message has not been sent

needless to say I know my message is over 3 characters.

The other one I've found is on one site I hit enter and instead going to the next line it goes two like its double spaced though that one just recently showed up on me. The personal message bug I've been able to reproduce on more then one system

Hope you folks can help

I've found a couple of issue with Opera 9.5 and IPB 2.3.5. First and to me the most annoying is the fact I can't send a personal message I get the follwoing error message

The following errors were found

You must enter a message larger than 3 characters.

This personal message has not been sent

needless to say I know my message is over 3 characters.

Unable to reproduce this problem with Opera 9.27, 9.50 and 9.51.

The other one I've found is on one site I hit enter and instead going to the next line it goes two like its double spaced though that one just recently showed up on me.

Hummm, RTE >

Enter = Double spaced
Shift + Enter = Simple spaced

Hummm, same problem for me with v9.50 and v9.51.

Unable to reproduce this problem with Opera 9.27, 9.50 and 9.51.

Hummm, RTE >

Enter = Double spaced

Shift + Enter = Simple spaced

Hummm, same problem for me with v9.50 and v9.51.

Actually thats how the RTE is supposed to work. Enter is supposed to mean new paragraph. Shift+Enter is supposed to mean new line/line feed. That is pretty standard in WYSIWYG editors I have used. Heck I can remeber back in my 9th grade typing class that, that was how the teaching software worked and I was taught.

Enter is supposed to be the equivalent of

<p></p>

in HTML and Shift+Enter is

<br>

FireFox and IE just don't seem to obye that. I also think Corel's WordPerfect 9 office suite did it if I'm not mistaken.

Well erm, the time I noticed the spacing issue was while editing a post and when I checked that post some hours later it was in a straight line instead of the format I wanted but that is minor. Also if the doulbe space when hitting enter is fairly standard in WYSIWYG editors then I'll live with it.

As for the error message I get trying to send a personal message, not surpised that Darken was unable to reproduce it, as on the board I get it on nobody else as been able to reproduce it and yet I'm able to reproduce it on 2 different systems.

I guess I'll have to wait until the next update of either Opera and/or IPB for a fix since it seems nobody besides me can reproduce the error.

I'll keep checking this and see if anybody else either has the same problem or is able to reproduce it

Thanks for the help though

Well my main glitch is still present in 9.51 both as upgrade install and clean install. I also ran into the ACP member edit save button glitch. The enter/space issue I get on the board I'm having issues with is still present but again seems to limited to me. Since it works fine here ie I go right below the current line when I hit enter not skipping a line but the personal message issue is my biggest problem

• 2 weeks later...

Well don't know if the issue with the ACP is still present or not, but I still can't send a personal/private message. Creating one then sending I still get the error about 3 characters and I can't add anything to a existing message to forward it as my addition doesn't stay so it

Currerntly running 9.51rc3 Build 10081

Archived