Ipb Causing Slow Msql Queries, High Cpu Usage

Guest Dewayne_G

I just switched web hosting providers a couple of weeks ago and Invision migrated our forum across for us. We have tons of space and bandwidth available, but yesterday our site began experiencing "Temporary Suspension - site exceeds maximum cpu usage" warnings from our web hosting provider. When I contacted them this morning, they said it was coming from extremely high cpu usage during mysql queries of our Invision Powerboard. Does anyone have any idea what I might do to correct this? I have the text of one of the mysql_slow_query logs if that helps (one of numerous slow mysql query logs).

Didn't happen to switch to Dream Host did you? They did something like that to use right after the money-back period was over.

Uhm, anyway... if you're still on shared hosting, you may need to switch to VPS (virtual private server).

Thanks. They are actually Bluehost.com, and they never told us we were on shared hosting until AFTER we made our purchase. We are still within our 30 day money-back period, but when I called them this morning and questioned them about it, they offered to "double our cpu usage" for an extra $19.95 per month. I don't think so. By the way, Dream Host was one of the hosts I considered, but Bluehost seemed to offer a better package.

I had Bluehost for 2 years, and moved off of them this past month. I also had the evil CPU error messages, it became such a joke, because the littlest events caused that evil message. Sorry to hear you moved to them :(

If you are within your 30day window.. move off them now, it only gets worse.

Didn't happen to switch to Dream Host did you? They did something like that to use right after the money-back period was over.

Uhm, anyway... if you're still on shared hosting, you may need to switch to VPS (virtual private server).

>.< That's not very good to hear, I just got Dreamhost. At least my forum isn't that big so hopefully that won't be a problem.

I'm trying to optimize my mysql server and I have seen many slow quesries, unfortunatelly it's first 12 hours with logging log queries but there is a lot of such queries, I will send here my log from the server after 48hours of logging.
Till now I have thought that IPB is very well optimized but...
I hope somebody will try to optymize such queries

IPB is very optimized. :) There are a million things that can contribute to slow queries. i.e. if you do not allocate enough memory to MySQL, and you have a lot of data and large tables, then it's going to take longer for mysql to read it. Memory is the #1 factor that will affect mysql performance.

Archived