Bug Fixes

Guest The Clash

I have to say, that for the first time since 2.0 was released, I am seriously disappointed.

I upgraded my board the day 2.3.2 came out, not expecting all of the problems with it. I'm happy that a patch for the post markers was released, but what about the other problems (specificially the URL parsing)? It's been over a week since 2.3.2 was released, yet these bugs still remain unpatched. I know you're busy with Nexus and everything, and that it can be a lot of work, but really - shouldn't your top priority be the actual paying customers you have rather than the ones you're hoping to get? I'm not asking for 2.3.3 - just patches to fix the 2.3.2 problems, and fast releases of said patches. I'm tired of having to go in and edit posts to fix something that shouldn't have ever been a problem.

We are going to release an update to fix the bugs. It wouldn't be prudent, however, to release one to fix the post markers, then one for the urls, then one for another issue. Nor would it be prudent to release a bug fix update for the issues introduced, and then find THAT one doesn't work properly and have to release another one.

We will be releasing an update shortly to address the reported issues. I apologize for the inconvenience - we are trying to do it right though, and not rush the patch and end up breaking even more things.

We are going to release an update to fix the bugs. It wouldn't be prudent, however, to release one to fix the post markers, then one for the urls, then one for another issue. Nor would it be prudent to release a bug fix update for the issues introduced, and then find THAT one doesn't work properly and have to release another one.

We will be releasing an update shortly to address the reported issues. I apologize for the inconvenience - we are trying to do it right though, and not rush the patch and end up breaking even more things.

It would definitely be not the smartest decision to release so many updates, 1 for each bug fix. Thing is, we've been waiting over a week now, and whether it's an update or a patch, there's only been one made available in the client area.

URL's posted to the board weren't broke exactly - it was urls that were posted, edited (and not "fixed" when the code showed up broken during editing) and then saved. There isn't an automated way to fix these urls unfortunately. Once this happens, they're stored in the database broken, and will need to be manually fixed.

Archived