Roadmap for IPB 3.0?

Guest Energizer

Supposedly they will be adding a bunch of cool features, such as *this*, *that*, *here*, and *there*.

Just kidding, I don't know. As Brandon said, IPS doesn't generally release roadmaps any more since when they did in the past; certain competitors would go and copy IPS's ideas and put them into their own products.

We do not generally release roadmaps

Supposedly they will be adding a bunch of cool features, such as *this*, *that*, *here*, and *there*.

Just kidding, I don't know. As Brandon said, IPS doesn't generally release roadmaps any more since when they did in the past; certain competitors would go and copy IPS's ideas and put them into their own products.

I can understand this. However, fellow applicants can copy also after the appearance of IPB 3.0. Can members then learn at least what the present layer of the development of IPB 3.0 is like? How much per cent of the developments 100 per cent, are ready?

YOU want a release every 6 months. MOST of our customers do NOT however. :)

If it was warranted, we could do a release as frequently as we wished. It simply isn't however. Most of our customers do not like updating every month or two for bug fixes and a few new features.

Nearly all pages validate as xhtml transitional upon initial installation. Once content starts getting added, that changes.

I personally find it somewhat unusual that the parser creates non-validating output though. I can see why emoticons are a bit harder to work with due to the need to unparse them correctly, but what about escaping ampersands in URLs and such?

On a slightly unrelated note, I wonder if it's possible to integrate something like HTML Purifier into the parser (as an add-on rather than by default)...

They don't?? When did we have this discussion?

It is based upon common feedback presented on our site and via our client area. Some customers certainly do. Most customers do not want releases that frequent. Besides that, we work on more than just IPB, and are not going to be able to pump out a huge major update every couple months, regardless.

Archived