Admin Validation Queue on Home tab in ACP

Guest TCWT

I think it's a bad idea to put a red X to remove a member near the top right. One may accidentally click on it and cause a member to be deleted, if you must have it there, a good option would to ask a confirmation. There is no undo whereas if you validated a member by mistake, you could always delete that member. IMO, I don't think it makes much sense to even have that there, takes space that could be used for other more useful stuff.

If you have people awaiting validation, up to 5 will display on the home page - there's a green checkmark to validate the user, and a red x icon to delete the user.

I agree a confirmation would be good. I don't think it takes up any real space however.

On the ACP home page and if you have selected admin approval after email validations for registration purposes, the box in the upper right-hand corner shows the pending registrations awaiting admin approval. You can approve from that box (green check mark) or deny (red X). Because of the lack of a confirmation, I always approve or disapprove from the validation list only.

I actually like the corner display. I do not check the pending registrations unless something pops up in the corner.

Sorry, but I must post to negate your disapproval. I upgraded one of my old test databases to test some of my skills out on MySQL and I saw like 30+ validating members in the queue on my test DB. So I know exactly what they mean. I approve of this change being made.

Sorry, but I must post to negate your disapproval. I upgraded one of my old test databases to test some of my skills out on MySQL and I saw like 30+ validating members in the queue on my test DB. So I know exactly what they mean. I approve of this change being made.

Where did I disapprove? I am in support of the confirmation option being added. I also do not mind the display of awaiting approvals on the new home page. However I might be mis-interpreting your approval. There have been two changes requested and I am not sure to which one you are referring.

I like the validation box as it is very useful for our administration staff now that we have to use admin validation. It keeps my admin staff from forgetting to validate members. It's a MUCH needed feature. But I do agree that there needs to be a confirmation on the delete option....

Archived