is there a developer API?

Guest cheapbooks.com

Does invision have an API, so I could develop my own applications?

In other words, I'd ideally like an API where I can make calls such as showing me all forums, all topics in a forum, all new topics, etc. This would allow me (and other developers) to develop more applications. Similar to the Amazon developer API.

For example, I'd like an application to find duplicate posts and would write one.

It is my personal opinion that the whole board should be API based, so third parties could develop their own tools easily in any language they choose...

Actually, guys, there are lots of API's in IPB - it's just that most are not directly web-accessible by default.

For example, we have the ssi.php file (included in the distribution under the Tools/ folder) which can get news, topics, board stats, and active users, with some things being configurable. We have many files under sources/api/ which can be easily hooked into to perform various functions (like posting a new topic, or getting a list of topics.

Still some functions in other files can be used in an API manner if you know what you are looking to do. We DO want to extend our apis over time, as I think this is one thing that would be beneficial to everyone. But there is a lot present if you know what you want to do and where to look.

Archived