[Suggestion] Hierarchical Editing Permissions As Standard

Guest AndyF

I think hierarchical is the right word... :unsure:

Basically... they shouldnt be able to edit a post from a member "higher" than their own...

Only Root Admins should be able to edit their posts (no other groups)

Admins can edit Global Mods and Regular Mods posts but cannot edit Root Admins (as Admins are lower than Root Admins)

Global mods can edit other Global Mods and Regular Mods

Regular Mods cannot edit Global Mods or above

(if that makes sense)

Root Admin
Admin
Global Mods
Mods

Yes i can see problems if peeps start playing with the group settings but thats a modification really...

:)

Say a board has those standard groups, and then they also have other groups such as a design team, a coding team, a support team, etc., and they have their own ideas about which groups are higher than others in their own hierarchies. Some forums have literally dozens of different groups, some at higher levels than others, some at the same levels. In order for this to work fully, there'd probably have to be a way to define the full hierarchy structure.

• 1 month later...

Say a board has those standard groups, and then they also have other groups such as a design team, a coding team, a support team, etc., and they have their own ideas about which groups are higher than others in their own hierarchies. Some forums have literally dozens of different groups, some at higher levels than others, some at the same levels. In order for this to work fully, there'd probably have to be a way to define the full hierarchy structure.

I forgot about this topic :blush: , sorry for the late reply.

I understand what you are saying Mike, but that wouldnt apply imo ;) ... Lets say you have...

1 root admin
1 normal admin
3 global moderators

Now lets say that for the global mods you have split them into "design" / "community" etc. They are still global mods so it wouldnt apply. :)

I dont think that it should differetiate (sp?) between this ;) ... That would be too much :o , it would just simply decide that global mods < admins so global mods cannot edit posts above their "level"

:unsure:

Archived