For Bfarber: Changed Files From 2.2.1 To 2.2.2 Questions

Guest WilliamB

A few questions about the changed file list at:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...t&p=1467562

versus the contents of the ipb221_222_upgrade zip that I just downloaded from the client center.

The list has:

resources

* acpperms.xml
* ipb_templates.xml
* macro.xml
* settings.xml
* version_history.php

versus

resources

acpperms.xml
bbcode.xml
components.xml
faq.xml
ipb_templates.xml
macro.xml
settings.xml
skinsets.xml
tasks.xml
version_history.php

in the download.

I checked the bbcode.xml file against the file that I have on my 2.2.1 install and the files were the same so I suspect that there may be some extra files there in the download and/or the list isn't complete.

In the list there is:

components_acp

* bugtracker.php
* gallery.php

The bugtracker.php file wasn't in the pack I downloaded. I think that's a file specific to the bugtracker on the IPB forums so shouldn't be there but not 100% sure. Should that file be in the download pack? If not, likely should be removed from the list (or noted that it isn't for all installs).

The list has:

sources

tasks

* expiresubs.php
* removevalidating.php

The download pack doesn't have the tasks folder and the two enclosed files.

Thanks.

The list is pulled automatically from subversion reports. As you can imagine I can't exactly recall every change I've made to the software since starting on 2.2.2, but I'll try to doublecheck with Matt on the upgrade pack and see if everything is there.

Thanks.

Just a bit of suggestion to everyone who wonders how they can compre I find all the files that you guys make between the edits that are not listed using the fresh set of files from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and by comparing them with WinMerge Open-Source Software :)

It will make a star around the document then you open the document to see the changes and the documents aren't compared against to the data & time last modified :) it looks for text changes and it will highlight the areas of the page where changes are edited and put in a box on the side and where the change was made.

Here is the index.php file for example

winmerge.png

Archived