your wish 2007

Guest MixOughT

Really? I'm much more interested about IP.D and Converge. (Though at this moment, I have no use for Nexus)

I'm gonna have to agree with Andy - top priority Converge.

Some more news on Vectura would be nice too.

And of course this IPSBeyond revamp they've been going on about

oooo.... Vectura, I forgot about that one.

Sorry, I missed this topic... It is definitely something I want to pursue in the future and I still plan it and so on. But as Charles says, I have a lot of other work to do at IPS since I'm the only designer-type person around at the moment, which doesn't leave me any free time to work on Vectura unfortunately. So, hope to see it in the future, but I can't give a timeframe for that right now I'm afraid.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...&hl=vectura

We haven't seen any news on IP.Nexus or the public beta in forever - it seems that project has come to a standstill yet again (or the extreme lack of updates makes it seem like so).

February 3rd, 2006, Josh posted:

Since 1.0 will be heading into the final round of testing fairly soon...

I think that's the last thing we heard until March 29th, when Josh posted a beta of the developer's documentation. The only thing to rely on is this (http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=226814&view=findpost&p=1417898) post from IPS that said 'First public beta of IP.Nexus: our billing and customer management system' would be coming soon.

I guess if we're lucky it'll have been 10 months before we see an update. I know Rikki was working on the documentation in amongst everything else he does, which would hold back the documentation (and site?) but in my opinion that doesn't really excuse Josh from not updating Nexus in that amount of time.

Maybe this is speaking slightly out of turn, and if so I apologise, but it's just how it seems to me.

February 3rd, 2006, Josh posted:

I guess if we're lucky it'll have been 10 months before we see an update. I know Rikki was working on the documentation in amongst everything else he does, which would hold back the documentation (and site?) but in my opinion that doesn't really excuse Josh from not updating Nexus in that amount of time.

Maybe this is speaking slightly out of turn, and if so I apologise, but it's just how it seems to me.

No James, I don't think you're out of turn and I agree with what you're saying - it's been a long time and we haven't seen any progress been made, no updates, no public betas - I simply don't understand anymore.

Better licensing (Yes the new one is bad).

The card feature back. Less expensive.

IPB becomes free.

Pre-sales forum.

All products included with IP Board.

:rolleyes:
The new licensing system is cheaper than the old one. There is only so many times we'll say it politely.
$50 per year, is less than $69.95 per year

I can and I can wish so, can't I? Don't you want it to be free?

No, I don't want it to be free - I appreciate the time devoted into this paid product, and the paid support and updates I get for it - I wouldn't want anything less. Also, the saying "you get what you pay for" certainly lives up to its words. ;)

No, I don't want it to be free - I appreciate the time devoted into this paid product, and the paid support and updates I get for it - I wouldn't want anything less. Also, the saying "you get what you pay for" certainly lives up to its words. ;)

Brandon, it was a much higher quality product (maybe even better than now) when it was free, in version IPB 1.3, when they just wanted money for support. Come on, you just say so because you pay.

No James, I don't think you're out of turn and I agree with what you're saying - it's been a long time and we haven't seen any progress been made, no updates, no public betas - I simply don't understand anymore.

My last post on this issue, but just to clarify (and something on a more lighthearted note): if I remember correctly, the last time Josh did this and there were no updates on a product he was working on was Gallery, and he was working on Nexus instead. We could always hope for another new product... :-"

I'm sure there's elaborate plans behind the timing of all this, and obviously releasing a product the size of Nexus takes creating documentation, training staff, building a website, etc. However, it's not even the release versions that are being talked about here, it's a public beta. The documentation for the most part seems to be created as far as we've seen, I assume since all the staff have been using Nexus for however long for tickets they won't take that much training, and I can't see adding a page or three to the website taking a year, somehow.

From what I've seen, Nexus looks to be a brilliant product. I've always found Josh helpful when discussing the product while it was in testing, and IPS at large seems to have cleared up its past mistakes where product releases are concerned. It just seems rather unfair that the beta testers haven't been updated, and the customers at large haven't been updated - after all, this is only a public beta we're talking about - so what exactly is happening with Nexus? And if it's coming soon, why exactly has it taken so long?

:rolleyes:

The new licensing system is cheaper than the old one. There is only so many times we'll say it politely.

$50 per year, is less than $69.95 per year

It depends. I don't find it cheaper, because a number of my boards I have no need to renew support or updates for (although I did have to renew for security reasons - but I have been assured that security updates will be released publicly now). For boards I want to keep updated for many many years to come, it would eventually work out cheaper overall. Obviously its cheaper for the renewal of my existing licenses but for me, its quite expensive to buy a new license.

Archived