Active Users List

Guest hoonz

I'm having a strange issue with the Active Users List... I'm getting an insane amount of guests viewing the boards. So, I clicked on the user list to pull up the details... it's the same ip address that's being listed over and over again as a guest. I resolved the IP and it seems to be a googlebot IP. Any ideas why it is counting the same IP over and over again as multiple guests? I'm getting figures in the 100's.

Thanks in advance.

Here's an image of what's happening...

the site is running fine, I resolved the IP and it's a googlebot IP I believe.

In the image you see it 4 times, however this is only a small screen shot... I have over 150+ occurances of this same IP over and over and it's skewing my Active Users list by saying there are 150+ Guests.

Any ideas what's causing this? It's getting a bit irritating.

post-11337-1166066454_thumb.jpg

This isn't really feedback about IPB. :) You should use IPS Beyond for peer-to-peer assistance, or submit a ticket for official support. :)

Do you need technical support?

You can obtain support via

the client area

, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at

IPS Beyond

Did you find a bug in IP.Board?

If you believe you've found a bug please post it to the

bug tracker

Have a suggestion or feedback?

Post it here. Thanks!

I get this also.

I never had it on my old board, but since upgrading 2.2, the active list seems to go berserk some times...

The 'most users on online' in my opintion is also not working correctly, cause it also counts these as seperate 'users' and therefor my site sometimes gets '200' users on a one time, but I certanly dont really have that many users viewing.

Never had these problems in my old board, but during beta testing I was told this is 'how it works'...

Rob.

This isn't really feedback about IPB. :) You should use IPS Beyond for peer-to-peer assistance, or submit a ticket for official support. :)

sorry.. did not know..

anyway to the other person having the same issues, i've fixed it on my boards... well not even a fix, i just added the huge list of spider-bot's via admin cp. there's a list you should be able to download from a lot of these invision modding sites.

The 'most users on online' in my opintion is also not working correctly, cause it also counts these as seperate 'users' and therefor my site sometimes gets '200' users on a one time, but I certanly dont really have that many users viewing.

Never had these problems in my old board, but during beta testing I was told this is 'how it works'...

Rob.

And this is how it has always worked, since at least the 1.3 days.

Archived