Price hike

Guest davebax22

I think seeing that big $149.99 is an instant put off imo.

I can understand the pricing is set to be cheaper after you've bought your initial license but first impressions for people looking to buy a new board and seeing that large figure is going to put a lot of people off.

I am planning to buy a new board in January but I am going to have to rethink about this now.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Hello dave,

The license structure has changes completly, they haven't just bumped up their prices.

If you already paid $69.95 for a license, then you will only pay $25 per 6 months - the $149.99 price is an itnitial purchase price.

The 'business' license is $300 and includes telephone support and faster ticket responce times.

The perpetual license is no longer being offered

To sunbeam and boobyjoe: thanks for the spam.

Have a nice day,

P

Apparently this isn't true... because I purchased a licence last year for 69.95, and when I went to renew today, its wanting me to pay the full 149.95.. which I consider a complete ripoff IMO when I already paid for a license last year. If thats the case, then, I'll go elsewhere for forum software.

Apparently this isn't true... because I purchased a licence last year for 69.95, and when I went to renew today, its wanting me to pay the full 149.95.. which I consider a complete ripoff IMO when I already paid for a license last year. If thats the case, then, I'll go elsewhere for forum software.

Did your license expire, and then you attempted to renew it?

The information I gave is correct, it is possible that your yearly license was expired before the swttch, in which case you don't have a license.
Perhaps you should contact sales, I'm sure they'll sort something out

Did your license expire, and then you attempted to renew it?

Yeah.. I went to download an update, and thats when I realized it was expired... that may be why... but I still don't see why that wouldn't qualify when Ive already made the initial purchase... I dunno.

Yeah.. I went to download an update, and thats when I realized it was expired... that may be why... but I still don't see why that wouldn't qualify when Ive already made the initial purchase... I dunno.

If that is the case, it is purchasing a new license then, rather than renewing your current one.

If your license expires without renewing it, then a license must be purchased.

I don't think the price increase is necessary, you don't get much more in 2.2.0 than what you had in 2.1.7 and the service isn't the best around. Plus there's also the charges of a host/etc ...it's becoming a little pricey to say the least.

As said before, its not really a price increase. Its more of a regular incoming payment for IPS from their customers.

Changes of 2.2.0 were more of a "backend", instead of a interface change (which we are expecting in 3.0)

I personally wouldn't buy any other piece of software, because I think its the best around. I don't think it is pricey, and I do think you get what you pay for. Remember you don't have to renew until you need to (I think :ph34r: )

As said before, its not really a price increase. Its more of a regular incoming payment for IPS from their customers.

Changes of 2.2.0 were more of a "backend", instead of a interface change (which we are expecting in 3.0)

I personally wouldn't buy any other piece of software, because I think its the best around. I don't think it is pricey, and I do think you get what you pay for. Remember you don't have to renew until you need to (I think :ph34r: )

You don't think it's pricey? :o ...some poor sole will be paying well over

Well, I happened to look through my expired invoices, and, one of them offered me the option of paying it at a charge of 69.95... so I went ahead and clicked pay, put in my information and CC info... hit proceed, and it said order declined and disabled my account! :rolleyes: Then, I get an email with a receipt of purchase and the amount was taken off of my card... so now I have to go through with this crap and find out what the deal is now. This is very annoying... almost to the point of me saying goodbye. If your not gonna approve something, then don't turn around and send me a receipt of payment, and also take it out of my account... now I gotta go through Lord knows what to find out whats going on.

How many times do you need to be told, the prices have gone DOWN.

You used to pay $69.95 per year
You now pay $50 per year
$50 is LESS THAN $69.95!!!

OK, it's more itnitially, but for existing customers it's less, and it shouldn't matter to new customers as they never experienced the old prices.

Mizikega, you should EMail sales@invisionpower.com with the ID number on your payment recipt. The process is automatically done by computers - computers make mistakes. Email them and they'll fix it!

Well, I happened to look through my expired invoices, and, one of them offered me the option of paying it at a charge of 69.95... so I went ahead and clicked pay, put in my information and CC info... hit proceed, and it said order declined and disabled my account! :rolleyes: Then, I get an email with a receipt of purchase and the amount was taken off of my card... so now I have to go through with this crap and find out what the deal is now. This is very annoying... almost to the point of me saying goodbye. If your not gonna approve something, then don't turn around and send me a receipt of payment, and also take it out of my account... now I gotta go through Lord knows what to find out whats going on.

Then stop trying to dodgy the system to your own benefit. That's not only immoral, it may be illegal (depending how draconian your country's laws are).

No sympathy for you. You wanna try cheat them, then don't whine to us if you get bitten. I'm laughing. I really am.

I'll bear that in mind :whistle:

The price increase isn't to much when you consider that $70 was very cheap in the first place. A video game for a console isn't much less than that. I feel $150 is a respectable price for a piece of software like IP.Board.

Have patience, Mizikega... IPS is not a fly-by-night company out to scam people out of their hard earned cash... this will be resolved to your liking in due course. :D

Archived