IPS Gripes

Guest Sire

And also i dont quite understend why does invision make us have to pay for the SUPPORT subscription, just to read and download information from the IPSbeyound, isnt it supposed to be a Costumer to Costumer support forum? Do we have to pay the support to interact with other ipb users ? I agree about it being only accessible to users who own ipb licenses... but need to have the support subscription active? thats just redicolous!!!

IPSBeyond is an "icing on the cake" incentive to keeping your support subscription active.

Lindy,

When you refer to your 'personal account' does this also include the PM system and would a PM be expected to reach you - or not?

I think I speak for all staff when I say we receive a huge number of PM's, most of them asking for support, so it becomes difficult and time consuming to read all of them, and it becomes easy to miss one that is genuinely for us :)

And also i dont quite understend why does invision make us have to pay for the SUPPORT subscription, just to read and download information from the IPSbeyound, isnt it supposed to be a Costumer to Costumer support forum? Do we have to pay the support to interact with other ipb users ? I agree about it being only accessible to users who own ipb licenses... but need to have the support subscription active? thats just redicolous!!!

Your 'support subscription' gives you access to the client area - support tickets and latest s/w etc.

IPS Beyond, to me anyway, is a bonus! It is nice to know that I can access a forum that is only available to a select group of like minded people - so there are no spammers/hackers/script kiddies and time wasters etc.

To be honest I don't know why these forums are still running, apart from being a showcase for the products.

It is a shame that they are still being 'spoiled' by the idiots who cannot read and yet still try to get help/support in a Feedback forum - you don't get THAT at IPS Beyond.

I think I speak for all staff when I say we receive a huge number of PM's, most of them asking for support, so it becomes difficult and time consuming to read all of them, and it becomes easy to miss one that is genuinely for us :)

Rikki,

So what IS the best way to contact a member of staff about something that is not a technical or support issue?

Personal e-mail addresses - lindyt is Lindy's :)

Rikki,

Now I just KNOW that this is going to be a dumb question but what the hell..........

I think I speak for all staff when I say we receive a huge number of PM's, most of them asking for support, so it becomes difficult and time consuming to read all of them, and it becomes easy to miss one that is genuinely for us

I appreciate that you must get a whole heap of 'rubbish' each day from the point of view of spamming and requesting support etc BUT what is the difference between a PM and sending an e-mail?

Surely it is just as likely that someone will send you (all staff etc) an email asking for help or spamming etc as a PM, or am I missing something.

I know that this is not an easy matter to deal with as both methods are open to abuse but it does (in case anyone is thinking that this is getting off topic) need dealing with:-

In other words, how do I as a customer provide feedback to the company or a member of staff, reliably and securely on a matter that is not related to a bug or a support issue?

Maybe something along these lines could be implemented within the client centre?!?!

Your 'support subscription' gives you access to the client area - support tickets and latest s/w etc.

Yes of course! but the costumers should still be able to participate on the ips beyound with the support subscription to share ideas and interact with other members! It is a costumer to costumer discussion forum! why have to pay for it? Or is just a way to get money for IPS ? its ridicolous. This is the only company i know that does such a thing.

Rikki,

Now I just KNOW that this is going to be a dumb question but what the hell..........

I appreciate that you must get a whole heap of 'rubbish' each day from the point of view of spamming and requesting support etc

BUT

what is the difference between a PM and sending an e-mail?

Surely it is just as likely that someone will send you (all staff etc) an email asking for help or spamming etc as a PM, or am I missing something.

I know that this is not an easy matter to deal with as both methods are open to abuse but it does (in case anyone is thinking that this is getting off topic) need dealing with:-

In other words, how do I as a customer provide feedback to the company or a member of staff, reliably and securely on a matter that is not related to a bug or a support issue?

Maybe something along these lines could be implemented within the client centre?!?!

People generally don't email for support. PM's get abused because someone visits this board, sees which staff members are online and sends PM's. The e-mail address isn't as obvious. There's also the fact you can set up filters for e-mail to help with organisation :)

People generally don't email for support. PM's get abused because someone visits this board, sees which staff members are online and sends PM's. The e-mail address isn't as obvious. There's also the fact you can set up filters for e-mail to help with organisation :)

Hmmmm, OK and thanks!

Archived