My Friends - Java / Like My Assistant Pop Up

Guest .Ryan

I was wondering why the My Friends tab, can not open up like the My Assistant tab? I believe it uses Java Script to open, much is defiantly much nicer then that ugly new pop up window. Now I do understand that this is not totally important but would be a nice minor suggestion that would improve the board as a overall. Any one have comments?

I know this might seem a bit silly, but why not integrate it into MyAssistant as a tab for just listing friends, and then have something on that to bring up the window? Kind of like an "expand" button or something.

After reading that topic that Bob linked to I was coming back here to suggest the very same thing. That would be the best of both worlds, no?

i don't think integration idea would work as they are totally separate things and keeping them separate confirms that. Works nice too i think. I won't be using the my friends popup anyways (not cus i got no friends.... .... :() cus i don't really seen a interest in it so doesn't bother me to be honest.

I know it has it's own section, that's why I suggested a simple one-tab thing in My Assistant that simply lists friends and having something at the bottom to bring up the detailed window. Isn't necessarily needed though. What we have now will work for now. Might as well give it a chance. Might find you end up liking the way it is anyway.

I suggested this for months now and Matt posted to say he saw that i said it, but obviously they don't agree with the idea. :(

(I suggested both of the above, either the whole new my-assistant-type popup, or a tab in the current one). It just doesn't look good how it is now. Not that I would be able to do better though, I can't skin at all. A custom component I have, I badly need skinned and every time I do it, a lot of it turns out looking bad.

Archived