Use full editor button

Guest lerums

When editing a post could the "Use Full Editor" button be renamed to something like "Lose current changes and Use Full Editor"?
I think this would help many users since I was editing in quick mode then clicked that button and lost my changes.

When editing a post could the "Use Full Editor" button be renamed to something like

"Lose current changes and Use Full Editor"

?

I think this would help many users since I was editing in quick mode then clicked that button and lost my changes.

That's a long way to desc it..

I agree with this as well.. If it's just a simple button that was added, then in my skins, if the use full editor from the quick edit screen doesn't save changes and then open the full edit, I'll probably end up removing that button as it's pretty useless if it doesn't save changes before opening the full edit.. Or better yet, it should just transfer the contents of the quick edit to the full edit. >.>

They can't dodge this now :P lol you got absolute point there ;)

They're not trying to 'dodge' this, give it a rest. The only official response on this is a single auto-generated response to the bug report saying it was working as intended. All this overblown reaction to this on the weekends, when the staff isn't actually working on fixing bugs, is stupid. Just update the bug report (which you've already done) and let the staff work on this when they get back to the office in the morning. :rolleyes:

They're not trying to 'dodge' this, give it a rest. The only official response on this is a single auto-generated response to the bug report saying it was working as intended. All this overblown reaction to this on the weekends, when the staff isn't actually working on fixing bugs, is stupid. Just update the bug report (which you've already done) and let the staff work on this when they get back to the office in the morning. :rolleyes:

I agree...
And what amazes me is that everyone is complaining about the bugs, but rushing the release of final. I can understand the frustrations and excitement, (believe me, I truly understand) but good things come to those who wait. :wub:

I've made it so the 'Use Full Editor' button retains any quick edit changes.

:thumbsup: thanks Matt!

any chance to have the text 'use full editor' or 'go advanced' instead of 'more options'?

The quick edit to full editor does use 'use full editor' :blink:

If you're referring to the fast reply then that would be easily solved using skin/language pack changes, no? I think 'more options' is fine...

I'm in agreement. It would be a great improvement for it to save any changes you've made to your post.

:blink:

Archived