new pricing

Guest DaBoROE

Hi DaBoRoe,

Please completely discount what TurXaliM just said. He's been told many times not to give false impressions of timelines (mostly by confused posters :P)

The pricing changes as soon as 2.2 goes release. Noone knows exactly how long that will be. Currently, what has been advertised to us as either the final RC, or just the final, is undergoing a security audit. I would suggest you contact sales. Perhaps they can do something for you if you wont be able to get in before the new prices.

In my opinion, it would be best to do what I did, get a perpetual license ASAP. *hugs license*
That way you'll get upgrades for life. If you leave it a week, the chance may be gone.

Nobody knows when 2.2 will be released but to be honest, I am expecting it any day now, that might be too anticipative, but then again, it might not!

Don't wait till the last day, you might find yourself unable to order a product from IPS the day IPB 2.2.x Final is released to the public.

Because the price will change with the release of IPB 2.2.x, if that will before or after December ( its in RC 3 stage, and there is an audit underway, I suspect it will be before 25th of December.

In my opinion, it would be best to do what I did, get a perpetual license ASAP. *hugs license*

That way you'll get upgrades for life. If you leave it a week, the chance may be gone.

Nobody knows when 2.2 will be released but to be honest, I am expecting it any day now, that might be too anticipative, but then again, it might not!

See the following message I sent to IPS a while back, the day RC1 was released.... Who knows if they are going to hold it up it, but atleast it will be secure, or it better be. I don't want loop holes or lazy mistakes. The only error I expect to see is dumb ppl that don't use the security settings, and weak or posted password forums get hacked... or ppl that leave the installer up!

Anyways this is part of the message...

Hello,

We do not have a definiate date but it will be before the end of November.

Regards,

Debbie Ruff

IPS Customer Relations

Peterborough, UK

Invision Power Services, Inc.

(w00t) So that means before the end of next week - that said, they might change that, especially as we've got no notice about a release date as of yet.
Perhaps they intend to announce a release date for ealy next week towards the end of this week.... or perhaps they'll surprise us, and release it as I'm typing this....

Edit: No, they didn't

(w00t) So that means before the end of next week - that said, they might change that, especially as we've got no notice about a release date as of yet.

Perhaps they intend to announce a release date for ealy next week towards the end of this week.... or perhaps they'll surprise us, and release it as I'm typing this....

Edit: No, they didn't

Its not going to be this week, unless its today, since Thursday is a Holiday and Matt has said no releases on Fridays. Weekends are out of the question, and who knows if they are going to take next week off. I suspect next week will be a very light week, since the release is being held up by a security audit also, so you also have to factor that fact in.

What this means is, December is a good month to release IPB 2.2.0 Final and update the website for said release, of course I am just a customer. Like I have said before, don't wait till the last minute, because you might find yourself unable to get it at the price you want if you do.

Its not going to be this week, unless its today, since Thursday is a Holiday and Matt has said no releases on Fridays. Weekends are out of the question, and who knows if they are going to take next week off. I suspect next week will be a very light week, since the release is being held up by a security audit also, so you also have to factor that fact in.

What this means is, December is a good month to release IPB 2.2.0 Final and update the website for said release, of course I am just a customer. Like I have said before, don't wait till the last minute, because you might find yourself unable to get it at the price you want if you do.

I spoke with invision sales yesterday and they said 2-3 weeks. Just to let you all know.

I am thinking about waiting for the new release, is it that much of a price difference and if so isn't it worth it? :devil:

If your going to buy a license, your better off getting it before they chance it, otherwise you would be just spending an additional $100 ( an additional $75 price difference, plus $25 for the full year of support a yearly license gets you now ).

But if you to pay more for less, feel free :-)

Archived