IE7 Final Compatability?

Guest sparc

I assume MS still has it where if I were to download IE7, it would do away with IE6, correct? I hated IE7 when I tried a BETA of it and so I went back to IE6.

Anyway, I am wondering also about your question. I think they said it works fine with it though. Better than with IE6, from what i can see.

Good luck with that. IE7 is going to be elevated at some point to "Critical Compulsory Update" on Microsoft Update, so it will be automatically installed. Like with SP2.

Good luck with that. IE7 is going to be elevated at some point to "Critical Compulsory Update" on Microsoft Update, so it will be automatically installed. Like with SP2.

Actually your mistaken about it being installed automatically.

You can tell Automatic Update you "don't want it" and it won't bug you, granted at some point it will be required, but thats alot longer then a month away.

IE 7 has been working for awhile now with the board. I don't think there was any big change between IE 7 RC 1 and release.
I also read where IE7.0 will be downloaded as a a critical update (it is), and it will be up to the user to install it. (It will ask and not do so automatically). There is a nice review with it's pluses and minuses here: http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7.asp
Given the crazy security holes of IE 6.0... it's well worth the upgrade.

Archived