View Count

Guest Gozzy

Sorry if this has already been said but how can there be 13 replies and 0 topic views?

It's a feature that prevents the topics table from locking. The updates for the topic views get done in a shut down query every 6 hours.

Just checked. It's a Yes/No option. If it is set not to update immediately, it updates every 6 hours. The time doesnt look changeable, although it may use a task for this, in which case you may be able to change the time.

Just looked on both of my boards. One I opened over a year ago, the other I opened a couple weeks ago. In both cases the default for "automatically update topic views" is yes. I just switched it to No and it put the revert button there. Keeping it as yes has no revert button. So i dont know what the deal is with yours, Luke. lol

edit: oops, I thought you said when you just looked, default was set to No, but you didnt say that....

Just looked on both of my boards. One I opened over a year ago, the other I opened a couple weeks ago. In both cases the default for "automatically update topic views" is yes. I just switched it to No and it put the revert button there. Keeping it as yes has no revert button. So i dont know what the deal is with yours, Luke. lol

edit: oops, I thought you said when you just looked, default was set to No, but you didnt say that....

Yeah :)....

Anyway I do believe when 2.1 was first released the default was set to "Yes". But because of confusion it was changed to "No" in future releases. I imagine it caused quite a few support tickets. When an upgrade is made the default value is changed, thus why the revert button would show up. If that settings page is not set, I believe it would even change the current value.

Archived