Does the upgrade...

Guest basher772000

The database tools currently check if something is missing, it doesn't check and see if anything is extra. I would really like something to do this, even if it wasn't something built in (not remove them, but tell me what is extra). When I upgrade to 2.2 I have quit a few modifications I've done of my own where I don't remember what I added to the database... Tables are easy, but as far as default tables with existing columns... Not quite sure.

It wouldn't be a good idea to clean the DB of all non IPS tables and columns. It would wipe out all your hacks instantly.

Well I'm not asking for it to do that, I'm asking for it to let me know what isn't a default IPS table or column and give me the sql code I would need to remove them. When I update to 2.2 I'm going to be doing that anyway and re-doing them all. A lot of my old hacks are built into 2.2 anyway, so I would like my old stuff removed :D

I can see where it could be a problem as the database tool only tells you what is missing, not what's extra. But it would be nice to somehow have that extra feature... Like a link at the bottom, possibly in dev mode, that you can click to tell you that.

Well I'm not asking for it to do that, I'm asking for it to let me know what isn't a default IPS table or column and give me the sql code I would need to remove them. When I update to 2.2 I'm going to be doing that anyway and re-doing them all. A lot of my old hacks are built into 2.2 anyway, so I would like my old stuff removed

I can see where it could be a problem as the database tool only tells you what is missing, not what's extra. But it would be nice to somehow have that extra feature... Like a link at the bottom, possibly in dev mode, that you can click to tell you that.

+1

Archived