Suggestion (possible stupid):- AJAX style edit forum

Guest sully

Hey all,

Im not to sure myself about this suggestion, it might be a bit of an "over-use" of AJAX or watever. What about a way to quick edit a forum name / description like we have for edting topic titles / descriptions? Only can be used for those with Admin rights or rights to manage forums.

What ya think? Im kinda unsure myself.

How often do you change the category, forum, or description? I know I don't change them at all unless I find a typo.

Good point. I only used the editing for topic title / description maybe for a spelling mistake in normal circumstances. Probably never use the forum editing once its created!

'Twould be better to take it a step further if this were to be desired: An 'Administrative Mode' on the forum. It would allow for browsing the forums, except that there would be added buttons and dials all over the place. :-) On the index there would be buttons to add or remove categories... similarly, in each category there would be a button to add another board, inputs for reordering, and buttons on each to delete the board in question. Title/description could be modified with a click, as suggested. And within a forum, further moderating abilities and all that...

Essentially, inline forum management. Would that not be neat?

'Twould be better to take it a step further if this were to be desired: An 'Administrative Mode' on the forum. It would allow for browsing the forums, except that there would be added buttons and dials all over the place. :-) On the index there would be buttons to add or remove categories... similarly, in each category there would be a button to add another board, inputs for reordering, and buttons on each to delete the board in question. Title/description could be modified with a click, as suggested. And within a forum, further moderating abilities and all that...

Essentially, inline forum management. Would that not be neat?

I agree, that would be really neat and innovative! :thumbsup:

It would only be worth adding an "administration mode" in the front end if you were going to do away with the ACP altogether.

Otherwise, what's the point? It's just doubling the amount of code to maintain for that functionality.

Archived