The "card" is gone?

Guest Cooltad

And that's why it was removed. :D

Well, the postbit drop-down does seems much more convenient. However, the drop-down now prevents you from quickly visiting a member's profile. You must now hover prompt over the user name and then manually select "view public profile."

Well, the postbit drop-down does seems much more convenient. However, the drop-down now prevents you from quickly visiting a member's profile. You must now hover prompt over the user name and then manually select "view public profile."

It does add an extra click to get to the profile but it's worth it for less clutter. I guess it can always be moded in the templates.

Well, if you use Firefox, IE7, or Opera, you can always middle click to on the user's name to open it in a new tab.

Actually regarding the drop-down menu and the extra click to get to the profile page, would it be practical to link the members avatar to the users profile page as well as keeping the middle-click on the username? Just a though as vB already has this feature.

Actually regarding the drop-down menu and the extra click to get to the profile page, would it be practical to link the members avatar to the users profile page as well as keeping the middle-click on the username? Just a though as vB already has this feature.

I agree. I would like this feature, too. The good thing is is that if it isn't a stock feature, it can be easily added in yourself. Personally, this is how I use to have it on my board before the 2.1.x days, and now I have a reason to revert to it.

What about if your forum has enabled Flash avatars?

then you probably won't be able to intercept the click, but does that matter if it works for the regular image ones?

Even more so now than before, you should be able to right click on the drop down menus when using Firefox. I often Ctrl+Left Click to open links in new tabs, but that is not possible to any more in order to open someone's profile from the topic view.

Apart from that issue, the changes are more major than I was expecting! I think I like them, but they're going to take some getting used to. :D

Archived